Mar 7, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of Kobe and LeBron James, here is an interesting post taking a close look at theirs and others clutch shooting numbers. As always, the biggest problem with any clutch shooting numbers is that there are a lot of ways to define “clutch.”
Great read: Why the NBA needs twitter.
From our “Lockout? What lockout?” file: The Heat/Lakers game on Sunday drew the largest rating ABC has ever had for a non-Christmas Day regular season game.
In case you wanted to rehash last year’s NBA finals again, former Maverick now Net DeShawn Stevenson said this: “‘I think we were just a better team than them. And then obviously LeBron didn’t play like he should have played [in the Finals].”
Former NBA player Orlando Woolridge was arrested down in Louisiana.
Casey Jacobson compares playing in the NBA with playing in Europe.
A lot of teams have a special food promotion when their team scores 100 points in a game. Here is a rundown of them, from Dime Magazine.
Iman Shumpert is not replacing Landry Fields in the starting lineup. What really matters is who closes games and Mike D’Antoni is generally just trying to ride the hot hand between those two and J.R. Smith.
Gerald Green’s 10-day contract with the Nets is up Thursday and he is going to get a second one. After that the Nets need to make a decision.
Golden State recalled Jeremy Tyler from the D-League. They are so desperate for decent play in the paint he should get some run.
Cleveland has sent swingman Christian Eyenga to the Canton Charge of the D-League.
We bring you the first Got ‘em Coach video, it’s good:
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13