Mar 7, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of Kobe and LeBron James, here is an interesting post taking a close look at theirs and others clutch shooting numbers. As always, the biggest problem with any clutch shooting numbers is that there are a lot of ways to define “clutch.”
Great read: Why the NBA needs twitter.
From our “Lockout? What lockout?” file: The Heat/Lakers game on Sunday drew the largest rating ABC has ever had for a non-Christmas Day regular season game.
In case you wanted to rehash last year’s NBA finals again, former Maverick now Net DeShawn Stevenson said this: “‘I think we were just a better team than them. And then obviously LeBron didn’t play like he should have played [in the Finals].”
Former NBA player Orlando Woolridge was arrested down in Louisiana.
Casey Jacobson compares playing in the NBA with playing in Europe.
A lot of teams have a special food promotion when their team scores 100 points in a game. Here is a rundown of them, from Dime Magazine.
Iman Shumpert is not replacing Landry Fields in the starting lineup. What really matters is who closes games and Mike D’Antoni is generally just trying to ride the hot hand between those two and J.R. Smith.
Gerald Green’s 10-day contract with the Nets is up Thursday and he is going to get a second one. After that the Nets need to make a decision.
Golden State recalled Jeremy Tyler from the D-League. They are so desperate for decent play in the paint he should get some run.
Cleveland has sent swingman Christian Eyenga to the Canton Charge of the D-League.
We bring you the first Got ‘em Coach video, it’s good:
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2