Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is clearly flirting with the idea of a return to the NBA. But as anyone who has met a girl in a bar can tell you, flirting is a long way from actually doing something about it.
Wallace worked out for the Heat recently, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida on twitter.
A source close to the situation confirmed Rasheed Wallace has worked out with Heat, but source said he hasn’t decided if he’ll play again.
Before that there was a report that ‘Sheed was close to a deal with the Lakers. That report — from the very reputable CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely — clearly came from people close to Wallace. What the Lakers’ front office is thinking on any given day is anybody’s guess. But there clearly no deal.
If ‘Sheed comes back it will be to a team he thinks is a contender, and on those teams his minutes would be limited. The question for teams is does he have enough left in the tank to help in those limited windows? In either case, at best he is a fallback option for teams after the trade deadline next week.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'