Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is clearly flirting with the idea of a return to the NBA. But as anyone who has met a girl in a bar can tell you, flirting is a long way from actually doing something about it.
Wallace worked out for the Heat recently, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida on twitter.
A source close to the situation confirmed Rasheed Wallace has worked out with Heat, but source said he hasn’t decided if he’ll play again.
Before that there was a report that ‘Sheed was close to a deal with the Lakers. That report — from the very reputable CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely — clearly came from people close to Wallace. What the Lakers’ front office is thinking on any given day is anybody’s guess. But there clearly no deal.
If ‘Sheed comes back it will be to a team he thinks is a contender, and on those teams his minutes would be limited. The question for teams is does he have enough left in the tank to help in those limited windows? In either case, at best he is a fallback option for teams after the trade deadline next week.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3