Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EST
Rasheed Wallace is clearly flirting with the idea of a return to the NBA. But as anyone who has met a girl in a bar can tell you, flirting is a long way from actually doing something about it.
Wallace worked out for the Heat recently, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida on twitter.
A source close to the situation confirmed Rasheed Wallace has worked out with Heat, but source said he hasn’t decided if he’ll play again.
Before that there was a report that ‘Sheed was close to a deal with the Lakers. That report — from the very reputable CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely — clearly came from people close to Wallace. What the Lakers’ front office is thinking on any given day is anybody’s guess. But there clearly no deal.
If ‘Sheed comes back it will be to a team he thinks is a contender, and on those teams his minutes would be limited. The question for teams is does he have enough left in the tank to help in those limited windows? In either case, at best he is a fallback option for teams after the trade deadline next week.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 0
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 15
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 7
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 13
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 26
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4