Mar 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is clearly flirting with the idea of a return to the NBA. But as anyone who has met a girl in a bar can tell you, flirting is a long way from actually doing something about it.
Wallace worked out for the Heat recently, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida on twitter.
A source close to the situation confirmed Rasheed Wallace has worked out with Heat, but source said he hasn’t decided if he’ll play again.
Before that there was a report that ‘Sheed was close to a deal with the Lakers. That report — from the very reputable CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely — clearly came from people close to Wallace. What the Lakers’ front office is thinking on any given day is anybody’s guess. But there clearly no deal.
If ‘Sheed comes back it will be to a team he thinks is a contender, and on those teams his minutes would be limited. The question for teams is does he have enough left in the tank to help in those limited windows? In either case, at best he is a fallback option for teams after the trade deadline next week.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43