Mar 7, 2012, 12:43 PM EDT
When it became clear that Kobe Bryant was not going to show to the media availability session on Friday of All-Star weekend he knew what that meant — he was getting fined. He later said he was sick, something nobody believed. For some players the money is worth it not to attend the stream of mandatory events for players that weekend.
The NBA fined the Los Angeles Lakers guard $40,000 for missing a news conference and a mandated charity appearance for NBA Cares during All-Star weekend in Orlando, according to a league official who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about it.
Did you hear that? It was the sound of Kobe, Pierce and Rondo yawning.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47