Mar 7, 2012, 12:43 PM EST
When it became clear that Kobe Bryant was not going to show to the media availability session on Friday of All-Star weekend he knew what that meant — he was getting fined. He later said he was sick, something nobody believed. For some players the money is worth it not to attend the stream of mandatory events for players that weekend.
The NBA fined the Los Angeles Lakers guard $40,000 for missing a news conference and a mandated charity appearance for NBA Cares during All-Star weekend in Orlando, according to a league official who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about it.
Did you hear that? It was the sound of Kobe, Pierce and Rondo yawning.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9