Mar 7, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
“I like nothing about it. It’s something I have to do, it’s something I’m decent at and something I know how to do.”
—Kevin Garnett talking rebounding on the day he passes Shaquille O’Neal to move into 12th on the NBA’s all-time rebounding list, as reported by Paul Flannery of WEEI in Boston. KG is right, he is pretty good at it. In the 2003-04 season he averaged a career best 13.9 rebounds per game, the next season he grabbed 20.6 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor, his career best percentage. Even this season he is grabbing a respectable 15.5 percent of the available rebounds, or about 8.1 per game.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 0
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 28
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 5
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11