Mar 7, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
“I like nothing about it. It’s something I have to do, it’s something I’m decent at and something I know how to do.”
—Kevin Garnett talking rebounding on the day he passes Shaquille O’Neal to move into 12th on the NBA’s all-time rebounding list, as reported by Paul Flannery of WEEI in Boston. KG is right, he is pretty good at it. In the 2003-04 season he averaged a career best 13.9 rebounds per game, the next season he grabbed 20.6 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor, his career best percentage. Even this season he is grabbing a respectable 15.5 percent of the available rebounds, or about 8.1 per game.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 13
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16