Mar 7, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
“I like nothing about it. It’s something I have to do, it’s something I’m decent at and something I know how to do.”
—Kevin Garnett talking rebounding on the day he passes Shaquille O’Neal to move into 12th on the NBA’s all-time rebounding list, as reported by Paul Flannery of WEEI in Boston. KG is right, he is pretty good at it. In the 2003-04 season he averaged a career best 13.9 rebounds per game, the next season he grabbed 20.6 percent of the available rebounds when he was on the floor, his career best percentage. Even this season he is grabbing a respectable 15.5 percent of the available rebounds, or about 8.1 per game.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14