Mar 7, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
The Knicks were already having some issues on defense and this is going to make it worse.
Tyson Chandler, the Knicks center is out Wednesday night against the Spurs with a hamstring injury that happened during the loss to Dallas the night before. The announcement came as a surprise, there was no word after the game Tuesday. It’s unlikely he injured it picking up his championship ring in Dallas, although we wouldn’t put anything past Mark Cuban. (Come on, we’re kidding here.)
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense, but he is also the big who has the best chemistry with Jeremy Lin on the pick-and-roll, so this will alter the New York offense as well. It could open up space and opportunities for Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, although predicting what the Knicks’ offense will do on any given night is a fool’s errand I want no part of.
He is listed as day-to-day and while this may not serious hamstring injuries have a way of lingering if the player rushes back. While the Knicks are not playing their best, they are better off giving him the
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 0
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 2
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16