Mar 7, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
The Knicks were already having some issues on defense and this is going to make it worse.
Tyson Chandler, the Knicks center is out Wednesday night against the Spurs with a hamstring injury that happened during the loss to Dallas the night before. The announcement came as a surprise, there was no word after the game Tuesday. It’s unlikely he injured it picking up his championship ring in Dallas, although we wouldn’t put anything past Mark Cuban. (Come on, we’re kidding here.)
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense, but he is also the big who has the best chemistry with Jeremy Lin on the pick-and-roll, so this will alter the New York offense as well. It could open up space and opportunities for Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, although predicting what the Knicks’ offense will do on any given night is a fool’s errand I want no part of.
He is listed as day-to-day and while this may not serious hamstring injuries have a way of lingering if the player rushes back. While the Knicks are not playing their best, they are better off giving him the
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?