Mar 7, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
The Knicks were already having some issues on defense and this is going to make it worse.
Tyson Chandler, the Knicks center is out Wednesday night against the Spurs with a hamstring injury that happened during the loss to Dallas the night before. The announcement came as a surprise, there was no word after the game Tuesday. It’s unlikely he injured it picking up his championship ring in Dallas, although we wouldn’t put anything past Mark Cuban. (Come on, we’re kidding here.)
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense, but he is also the big who has the best chemistry with Jeremy Lin on the pick-and-roll, so this will alter the New York offense as well. It could open up space and opportunities for Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, although predicting what the Knicks’ offense will do on any given night is a fool’s errand I want no part of.
He is listed as day-to-day and while this may not serious hamstring injuries have a way of lingering if the player rushes back. While the Knicks are not playing their best, they are better off giving him the
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 2
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 9
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 11
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49