Mar 7, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
The Knicks were already having some issues on defense and this is going to make it worse.
Tyson Chandler, the Knicks center is out Wednesday night against the Spurs with a hamstring injury that happened during the loss to Dallas the night before. The announcement came as a surprise, there was no word after the game Tuesday. It’s unlikely he injured it picking up his championship ring in Dallas, although we wouldn’t put anything past Mark Cuban. (Come on, we’re kidding here.)
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense, but he is also the big who has the best chemistry with Jeremy Lin on the pick-and-roll, so this will alter the New York offense as well. It could open up space and opportunities for Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, although predicting what the Knicks’ offense will do on any given night is a fool’s errand I want no part of.
He is listed as day-to-day and while this may not serious hamstring injuries have a way of lingering if the player rushes back. While the Knicks are not playing their best, they are better off giving him the
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43