Mar 7, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
The Knicks were already having some issues on defense and this is going to make it worse.
Tyson Chandler, the Knicks center is out Wednesday night against the Spurs with a hamstring injury that happened during the loss to Dallas the night before. The announcement came as a surprise, there was no word after the game Tuesday. It’s unlikely he injured it picking up his championship ring in Dallas, although we wouldn’t put anything past Mark Cuban. (Come on, we’re kidding here.)
Chandler is the anchor of the Knicks defense, but he is also the big who has the best chemistry with Jeremy Lin on the pick-and-roll, so this will alter the New York offense as well. It could open up space and opportunities for Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, although predicting what the Knicks’ offense will do on any given night is a fool’s errand I want no part of.
He is listed as day-to-day and while this may not serious hamstring injuries have a way of lingering if the player rushes back. While the Knicks are not playing their best, they are better off giving him the
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61