Mar 7, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Wednesday he got a call — from the league office informing him of his $25,000 fine for his comments. Nothing shocking here, the league doesn’t like players smacking the officials.
As we said yesterday, the Mavericks tend to be a jump shooting team behind Dirk Nowitzki so certainly teams like Oklahoma City — with slashers like Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant — get more calls. Teams that attack get the calls. The Mavericks have 99 problems but the refs ain’t one.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 6
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)