Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
On the bright side, if you were going to tweak your ankle, this was the game to do it.
Dwyane Wade suffered what the team is calling a “tweak” to his ankle in the second quarter and he did not return to the game. Thing is, he didn’t have to push it because the Heat had built up a 27 point lead by the break against a Nets defense that can be best described as porous. Well, there is another word that is more accurate — and also describes what fertilizer is made out of — but I’m not going to use that word here.
Wade had 13 points and was carving up the Nets “defense” before the injury.
Wade said “no worries” after the game when asked if he would be able to go Wednesday when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. After that the Heat are off until Saturday when the Pacers come to town.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record