Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
On the bright side, if you were going to tweak your ankle, this was the game to do it.
Dwyane Wade suffered what the team is calling a “tweak” to his ankle in the second quarter and he did not return to the game. Thing is, he didn’t have to push it because the Heat had built up a 27 point lead by the break against a Nets defense that can be best described as porous. Well, there is another word that is more accurate — and also describes what fertilizer is made out of — but I’m not going to use that word here.
Wade had 13 points and was carving up the Nets “defense” before the injury.
Wade said “no worries” after the game when asked if he would be able to go Wednesday when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. After that the Heat are off until Saturday when the Pacers come to town.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9