Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
On the bright side, if you were going to tweak your ankle, this was the game to do it.
Dwyane Wade suffered what the team is calling a “tweak” to his ankle in the second quarter and he did not return to the game. Thing is, he didn’t have to push it because the Heat had built up a 27 point lead by the break against a Nets defense that can be best described as porous. Well, there is another word that is more accurate — and also describes what fertilizer is made out of — but I’m not going to use that word here.
Wade had 13 points and was carving up the Nets “defense” before the injury.
Wade said “no worries” after the game when asked if he would be able to go Wednesday when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. After that the Heat are off until Saturday when the Pacers come to town.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8