Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EDT
On the bright side, if you were going to tweak your ankle, this was the game to do it.
Dwyane Wade suffered what the team is calling a “tweak” to his ankle in the second quarter and he did not return to the game. Thing is, he didn’t have to push it because the Heat had built up a 27 point lead by the break against a Nets defense that can be best described as porous. Well, there is another word that is more accurate — and also describes what fertilizer is made out of — but I’m not going to use that word here.
Wade had 13 points and was carving up the Nets “defense” before the injury.
Wade said “no worries” after the game when asked if he would be able to go Wednesday when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. After that the Heat are off until Saturday when the Pacers come to town.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 10
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 38
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 70