Mar 6, 2012, 11:09 PM EST
On the bright side, if you were going to tweak your ankle, this was the game to do it.
Dwyane Wade suffered what the team is calling a “tweak” to his ankle in the second quarter and he did not return to the game. Thing is, he didn’t have to push it because the Heat had built up a 27 point lead by the break against a Nets defense that can be best described as porous. Well, there is another word that is more accurate — and also describes what fertilizer is made out of — but I’m not going to use that word here.
Wade had 13 points and was carving up the Nets “defense” before the injury.
Wade said “no worries” after the game when asked if he would be able to go Wednesday when the Heat host the Atlanta Hawks, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. After that the Heat are off until Saturday when the Pacers come to town.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9