Mar 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
From the AP:
MIAMI (AP) — Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat were thrilled to see each other again Tuesday.
Bosh returned to the team after missing nearly a week to deal with his grandmother’s death, and is expected to be in the lineup Tuesday night when Miami plays host to the New Jersey Nets. Bosh missed Miami’s three-game trip to Portland, Utah and the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Heat were beaten in the last two of those contests.
“Very good to see him,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said Tuesday morning after Miami’s gameday shootaround practice. “You realize how much you missed the guy. Had a little bromance moment for a minute. Wanted to hug him. But I didn’t. I kept it cool.”
Bosh missed three games because of the death of his grandmother, and the Heat had their 9-game winning streak snapped in his absence when they were dominated on the boards by Utah in a one-point loss. The Heat went on to lose their next game against Los Angeles, who also had a significant size advantage over the Heat, and it became very apparent that the undersized Heat very much needed Bosh back in the lineup.
Bosh is averaging 18.4 points and 8.3 rebounds per game this season for the Heat, who have clearly missed the third member of their “Big Three.”
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 1
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 17
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13