Mar 6, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
From the AP:
MIAMI (AP) — Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat were thrilled to see each other again Tuesday.
Bosh returned to the team after missing nearly a week to deal with his grandmother’s death, and is expected to be in the lineup Tuesday night when Miami plays host to the New Jersey Nets. Bosh missed Miami’s three-game trip to Portland, Utah and the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Heat were beaten in the last two of those contests.
“Very good to see him,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said Tuesday morning after Miami’s gameday shootaround practice. “You realize how much you missed the guy. Had a little bromance moment for a minute. Wanted to hug him. But I didn’t. I kept it cool.”
Bosh missed three games because of the death of his grandmother, and the Heat had their 9-game winning streak snapped in his absence when they were dominated on the boards by Utah in a one-point loss. The Heat went on to lose their next game against Los Angeles, who also had a significant size advantage over the Heat, and it became very apparent that the undersized Heat very much needed Bosh back in the lineup.
Bosh is averaging 18.4 points and 8.3 rebounds per game this season for the Heat, who have clearly missed the third member of their “Big Three.”
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11