Andray Blatche says all the boos wearing on him, Wizards

Mar 6, 2012, 2:53 PM EST

It can’t be fun coming to work knowing that 15,000 people (or however many people are actually showing up for Wizards games now) are going to boo you. It would make you second-guess yourself.

Which is exactly what Andray Blatche said is happening after another Wizards loss Monday. He gets boos every time he pretty much touches the ball and it is getting to him. Check out the video above from CSNWashington.com, but here are the money quotes.

“It’s tough when you’re at home and people that are supposed to have your back don’t have your back. Instead of encouraging you to get better, they actually push you down and make you worse. In the long run, it’s not only hurting me, it’s hurting my teammates.

“That’s what I feel most upset about because I can’t help out and perform for my teammates, because I’m letting the crowd get into my head and making me second-guess, not let me be the player that I am,” he added. “It’s very frustrating. Hopefully, I’m just trying to fight to overcome it…

“Any time I’m touching the ball, I’m second-guessing. I’m trying to avoid the boos, just trying to play a perfect game so I don’t have to hear it and help my team win.”

That sucks, but that bed Blatche finds himself lying in now — and make no mistake, he made this bed himself. He is a player with a lot of promise and potential who not only has never lived up to it, he has regressed. He got a big deal and has not lived up to the promise. Wizards’ fans are taking their cue from an owner who says he wants to change things with this long-struggling franchise and they are not putting up with unprofessionalism any more.

It’s a bit of a mob mentality now, but it’s not something that is going to stop.

Latest Posts
  1. Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard has torn ligament in right hand, return unclear

Dec 19, 2014, 7:25 PM EST

Kawhi Leonard AP

Leonard was the Finals MVP for San Antonio last season.

2. Kevin Durant to sit out vs. Lakers with ankle sprain

Dec 19, 2014, 6:35 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

This is the smart move by the Thunder.

3. Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston

Dec 19, 2014, 5:59 PM EST

Orlando Magic v Boston Celtics, Game 6 Getty Images

It’s kind of moot now, but it’s not a surprise.

4. Kobe Bryant says he’s not recruiting Kevin Durant to Lakers. Yet?

Dec 19, 2014, 5:15 PM EST

Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant AP

Lakers star: ‘If the opportunity came up, then that’s the time to have that discussion’

5. Raptors unveil new logo, get ribbed by Nets’ official Twitter account about it

Dec 19, 2014, 4:29 PM EST

Nets v Raptors Eastern Conference Quarter Finals Game 7 Getty Images

Black-and-white version of Toronto’s new logo looks similar to Brooklyn’s

6. Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston

Dec 19, 2014, 2:56 PM EST

Minnesota Timberwolves v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

This gives the Rockets a little more depth on the wing with Harden and Ariza.

7. Kevin Durant (ankle injury) game-time decision vs. Lakers

Dec 19, 2014, 2:15 PM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Thunder star sprained ankle against Warriors

8. Report: Mavericks targeting Jermaine O’Neal to replace Brandan Wright

Dec 19, 2014, 1:04 PM EST

Golden State Warriors v Dallas Mavericks Getty Images

Sending Wright to the Celtics leaves major hole at backup center

9. Report: Mavericks “confident” they can re-sign Rajon Rondo

Dec 19, 2014, 12:28 PM EST

rondomavs

Mark Cuban is too smart to pull the trigger on this kind of deal unless he has word he can keep his man.

10. Report: Hornets pull Lance Stephenson off trade block

Dec 19, 2014, 11:51 AM EST

Charlotte Hornets v Miami Heat Getty Images

Heat and Nets among teams that showed interest

11. Mark Cuban finalized Rajon Rondo trade while on set for The Colbert Report finale

Dec 19, 2014, 11:15 AM EST

Mavericks owner, one of many celebrities singing off Stephen Colbert, had his priorities in line

12. Carmelo Anthony turning down the Bulls was a blessing in disguise for Chicago

Dec 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST

Carmelo Anthony Carmelo Anthony

The Bulls are better off with their depth and flexibility.

13. Draymond Green ruins Stephen Curry’s behind-the-back highlight (video)

Dec 19, 2014, 9:08 AM EST

Oklahoma City Thunder v Golden State Warriors Oklahoma City Thunder v Golden State Warriors

Warriors forward blows dunk, does everything else right in win over Thunder

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches