Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Here are the two key facts as we know them:
First, Wilson Chandler can’t play for any NBA team but the Denver Nuggets this season. Since he returned from playing in China during the lockout, the deadline has passed for other teams to offer the restricted free agent a deal (something nobody did because everyone thought Denver would just match it).
Second, Chandler wants a short deal (like one year) so he can become a free agent, but the Nuggets want to lock him up long term. They can’t agree on money and year.
Which brings us to this tweet from Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
With Wilson Chandler, the two sides are continuing to talk, but it’s just talkin as of now.
Well, at least they are still talkin’.
We’ll see if one side or the other blinks first. Or if Chandler decides to play out the rest of this season in Europe. Whatever happens Denver retains his rights, so eventually the two sides are going to have to come to some kind of understanding. But eventually can be a long time away.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13