Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Here are the two key facts as we know them:
First, Wilson Chandler can’t play for any NBA team but the Denver Nuggets this season. Since he returned from playing in China during the lockout, the deadline has passed for other teams to offer the restricted free agent a deal (something nobody did because everyone thought Denver would just match it).
Second, Chandler wants a short deal (like one year) so he can become a free agent, but the Nuggets want to lock him up long term. They can’t agree on money and year.
Which brings us to this tweet from Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
With Wilson Chandler, the two sides are continuing to talk, but it’s just talkin as of now.
Well, at least they are still talkin’.
We’ll see if one side or the other blinks first. Or if Chandler decides to play out the rest of this season in Europe. Whatever happens Denver retains his rights, so eventually the two sides are going to have to come to some kind of understanding. But eventually can be a long time away.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4