Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM EST
Here are the two key facts as we know them:
First, Wilson Chandler can’t play for any NBA team but the Denver Nuggets this season. Since he returned from playing in China during the lockout, the deadline has passed for other teams to offer the restricted free agent a deal (something nobody did because everyone thought Denver would just match it).
Second, Chandler wants a short deal (like one year) so he can become a free agent, but the Nuggets want to lock him up long term. They can’t agree on money and year.
Which brings us to this tweet from Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
With Wilson Chandler, the two sides are continuing to talk, but it’s just talkin as of now.
Well, at least they are still talkin’.
We’ll see if one side or the other blinks first. Or if Chandler decides to play out the rest of this season in Europe. Whatever happens Denver retains his rights, so eventually the two sides are going to have to come to some kind of understanding. But eventually can be a long time away.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11