Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Here are the two key facts as we know them:
First, Wilson Chandler can’t play for any NBA team but the Denver Nuggets this season. Since he returned from playing in China during the lockout, the deadline has passed for other teams to offer the restricted free agent a deal (something nobody did because everyone thought Denver would just match it).
Second, Chandler wants a short deal (like one year) so he can become a free agent, but the Nuggets want to lock him up long term. They can’t agree on money and year.
Which brings us to this tweet from Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
With Wilson Chandler, the two sides are continuing to talk, but it’s just talkin as of now.
Well, at least they are still talkin’.
We’ll see if one side or the other blinks first. Or if Chandler decides to play out the rest of this season in Europe. Whatever happens Denver retains his rights, so eventually the two sides are going to have to come to some kind of understanding. But eventually can be a long time away.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19