Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM EDT
Here are the two key facts as we know them:
First, Wilson Chandler can’t play for any NBA team but the Denver Nuggets this season. Since he returned from playing in China during the lockout, the deadline has passed for other teams to offer the restricted free agent a deal (something nobody did because everyone thought Denver would just match it).
Second, Chandler wants a short deal (like one year) so he can become a free agent, but the Nuggets want to lock him up long term. They can’t agree on money and year.
Which brings us to this tweet from Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.
With Wilson Chandler, the two sides are continuing to talk, but it’s just talkin as of now.
Well, at least they are still talkin’.
We’ll see if one side or the other blinks first. Or if Chandler decides to play out the rest of this season in Europe. Whatever happens Denver retains his rights, so eventually the two sides are going to have to come to some kind of understanding. But eventually can be a long time away.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 18
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29