Mar 5, 2012, 1:10 AM EDT
Deron Williams scored 57 points on just 29 shots against the Bobcats Sunday— he hit 16 of his shots and was 21-for-21 from the free throw line. You can see all of them above. Well, not the free throws, but everything else.
It was an impressive performance — it is more points than any player has scored in a game this season. It is better than the career high for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, pretty much any player in the NBA not named Kobe Bryant. It’s more than any Net player has ever scored.
It happened because the Bobcats decided not to trap, not to double Williams off the pick-and-roll. Note to the team’s coming up on the Nets schedule — they don’t have a lot of other guys who can beat you. Take the ball out of Williams hands. Or else this can happen to you.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 27
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17