Mar 5, 2012, 1:10 AM EDT
Deron Williams scored 57 points on just 29 shots against the Bobcats Sunday— he hit 16 of his shots and was 21-for-21 from the free throw line. You can see all of them above. Well, not the free throws, but everything else.
It was an impressive performance — it is more points than any player has scored in a game this season. It is better than the career high for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, pretty much any player in the NBA not named Kobe Bryant. It’s more than any Net player has ever scored.
It happened because the Bobcats decided not to trap, not to double Williams off the pick-and-roll. Note to the team’s coming up on the Nets schedule — they don’t have a lot of other guys who can beat you. Take the ball out of Williams hands. Or else this can happen to you.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 4
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 33
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 35