Mar 5, 2012, 1:10 AM EDT
Deron Williams scored 57 points on just 29 shots against the Bobcats Sunday— he hit 16 of his shots and was 21-for-21 from the free throw line. You can see all of them above. Well, not the free throws, but everything else.
It was an impressive performance — it is more points than any player has scored in a game this season. It is better than the career high for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, pretty much any player in the NBA not named Kobe Bryant. It’s more than any Net player has ever scored.
It happened because the Bobcats decided not to trap, not to double Williams off the pick-and-roll. Note to the team’s coming up on the Nets schedule — they don’t have a lot of other guys who can beat you. Take the ball out of Williams hands. Or else this can happen to you.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68