Mar 5, 2012, 1:10 AM EST
Deron Williams scored 57 points on just 29 shots against the Bobcats Sunday— he hit 16 of his shots and was 21-for-21 from the free throw line. You can see all of them above. Well, not the free throws, but everything else.
It was an impressive performance — it is more points than any player has scored in a game this season. It is better than the career high for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, pretty much any player in the NBA not named Kobe Bryant. It’s more than any Net player has ever scored.
It happened because the Bobcats decided not to trap, not to double Williams off the pick-and-roll. Note to the team’s coming up on the Nets schedule — they don’t have a lot of other guys who can beat you. Take the ball out of Williams hands. Or else this can happen to you.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8