Mar 5, 2012, 1:10 AM EDT
Deron Williams scored 57 points on just 29 shots against the Bobcats Sunday— he hit 16 of his shots and was 21-for-21 from the free throw line. You can see all of them above. Well, not the free throws, but everything else.
It was an impressive performance — it is more points than any player has scored in a game this season. It is better than the career high for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, pretty much any player in the NBA not named Kobe Bryant. It’s more than any Net player has ever scored.
It happened because the Bobcats decided not to trap, not to double Williams off the pick-and-roll. Note to the team’s coming up on the Nets schedule — they don’t have a lot of other guys who can beat you. Take the ball out of Williams hands. Or else this can happen to you.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37