Mar 5, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
At the San Francisco Chronicle, they have done a detailed team-by-team breakdown of trade options for the Warriors. For example, they say Golden State doesn’t want to do a Stephen Curry for Rajon Rondo swap with Boston (the Celtics wouldn’t do that one either).
But when it got to Denver there was an interesting note:
The Nuggets are trying to deal forward Chris Andersen. “He might get traded, but it won’t be to us,” a Warriors source said.
Golden State may not want him, but a lot of teams could use an athletic, defensive-minded veteran big who could come off the bench. Andersen has two years, $9.3 million total left after this season. Those are pretty reasonable numbers for a solid backup big man, but you have to want to take on him and his salary.
Just another name to watch as we get closer to the deadline. This year a lot of the deals will likely be made up against the deadline, not far in advance.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4