Mar 5, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
At the San Francisco Chronicle, they have done a detailed team-by-team breakdown of trade options for the Warriors. For example, they say Golden State doesn’t want to do a Stephen Curry for Rajon Rondo swap with Boston (the Celtics wouldn’t do that one either).
But when it got to Denver there was an interesting note:
The Nuggets are trying to deal forward Chris Andersen. “He might get traded, but it won’t be to us,” a Warriors source said.
Golden State may not want him, but a lot of teams could use an athletic, defensive-minded veteran big who could come off the bench. Andersen has two years, $9.3 million total left after this season. Those are pretty reasonable numbers for a solid backup big man, but you have to want to take on him and his salary.
Just another name to watch as we get closer to the deadline. This year a lot of the deals will likely be made up against the deadline, not far in advance.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 2
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6