Mar 5, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
At the San Francisco Chronicle, they have done a detailed team-by-team breakdown of trade options for the Warriors. For example, they say Golden State doesn’t want to do a Stephen Curry for Rajon Rondo swap with Boston (the Celtics wouldn’t do that one either).
But when it got to Denver there was an interesting note:
The Nuggets are trying to deal forward Chris Andersen. “He might get traded, but it won’t be to us,” a Warriors source said.
Golden State may not want him, but a lot of teams could use an athletic, defensive-minded veteran big who could come off the bench. Andersen has two years, $9.3 million total left after this season. Those are pretty reasonable numbers for a solid backup big man, but you have to want to take on him and his salary.
Just another name to watch as we get closer to the deadline. This year a lot of the deals will likely be made up against the deadline, not far in advance.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19