Mar 5, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
At the San Francisco Chronicle, they have done a detailed team-by-team breakdown of trade options for the Warriors. For example, they say Golden State doesn’t want to do a Stephen Curry for Rajon Rondo swap with Boston (the Celtics wouldn’t do that one either).
But when it got to Denver there was an interesting note:
The Nuggets are trying to deal forward Chris Andersen. “He might get traded, but it won’t be to us,” a Warriors source said.
Golden State may not want him, but a lot of teams could use an athletic, defensive-minded veteran big who could come off the bench. Andersen has two years, $9.3 million total left after this season. Those are pretty reasonable numbers for a solid backup big man, but you have to want to take on him and his salary.
Just another name to watch as we get closer to the deadline. This year a lot of the deals will likely be made up against the deadline, not far in advance.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9