Mar 5, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
At the San Francisco Chronicle, they have done a detailed team-by-team breakdown of trade options for the Warriors. For example, they say Golden State doesn’t want to do a Stephen Curry for Rajon Rondo swap with Boston (the Celtics wouldn’t do that one either).
But when it got to Denver there was an interesting note:
The Nuggets are trying to deal forward Chris Andersen. “He might get traded, but it won’t be to us,” a Warriors source said.
Golden State may not want him, but a lot of teams could use an athletic, defensive-minded veteran big who could come off the bench. Andersen has two years, $9.3 million total left after this season. Those are pretty reasonable numbers for a solid backup big man, but you have to want to take on him and his salary.
Just another name to watch as we get closer to the deadline. This year a lot of the deals will likely be made up against the deadline, not far in advance.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38