Mar 5, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The Clippers and Timberwolves have some interest in Jamal Crawford of Portland and trade talks may follow. Crawford was brought in after the Brandon Roy retirement (Roy says the Blazers pushed him to step down so they could get Crawford). Crawford has been pretty much himself this season, it just has not fit like the Blazers expected.
Tim Duncan was playing through the flu on Monday.
Just a reminder from the Charlotte Observer: “In 2005, then-general manager/coach Bernie Bickerstaff turned down a trade that would have sent point guard Deron Williams to Charlotte.” Williams dropped 57 on the Bobcats Sunday.
Orlando is going to bid to host the 2016 NBA All-Star Game.
The Mavericks have recalled Sean Williams from D-League.
Knicks center Jerome Jordan has been recalled from the D-League.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 49
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7