Mar 5, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
The Clippers and Timberwolves have some interest in Jamal Crawford of Portland and trade talks may follow. Crawford was brought in after the Brandon Roy retirement (Roy says the Blazers pushed him to step down so they could get Crawford). Crawford has been pretty much himself this season, it just has not fit like the Blazers expected.
Tim Duncan was playing through the flu on Monday.
Just a reminder from the Charlotte Observer: “In 2005, then-general manager/coach Bernie Bickerstaff turned down a trade that would have sent point guard Deron Williams to Charlotte.” Williams dropped 57 on the Bobcats Sunday.
Orlando is going to bid to host the 2016 NBA All-Star Game.
The Mavericks have recalled Sean Williams from D-League.
Knicks center Jerome Jordan has been recalled from the D-League.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7