Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Brook Lopez has been back just five games after foot surgery — and his impact on the Nets has been clear. The Nets are 3-2 in those games including wins over New York and Dallas, with Lopez averaging 19.2 points per game.
But now the Nets may be without him again for a stretch.
Lopez rolled his right ankle early in the third quarter trying to guard Charlotte’s DeSagana Diop, came out soon after and did not return to the game. He left the arena on crutches but did travel with the team to Miami, reports the Star-Ledger.
He will be re-evaluated on Monday. X-rays were taken but coach Avery Johnson would not discuss the findings with the media.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23