Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Brook Lopez has been back just five games after foot surgery — and his impact on the Nets has been clear. The Nets are 3-2 in those games including wins over New York and Dallas, with Lopez averaging 19.2 points per game.
But now the Nets may be without him again for a stretch.
Lopez rolled his right ankle early in the third quarter trying to guard Charlotte’s DeSagana Diop, came out soon after and did not return to the game. He left the arena on crutches but did travel with the team to Miami, reports the Star-Ledger.
He will be re-evaluated on Monday. X-rays were taken but coach Avery Johnson would not discuss the findings with the media.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 5
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 3
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 49
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20