Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 AM EST
Brook Lopez has been back just five games after foot surgery — and his impact on the Nets has been clear. The Nets are 3-2 in those games including wins over New York and Dallas, with Lopez averaging 19.2 points per game.
But now the Nets may be without him again for a stretch.
Lopez rolled his right ankle early in the third quarter trying to guard Charlotte’s DeSagana Diop, came out soon after and did not return to the game. He left the arena on crutches but did travel with the team to Miami, reports the Star-Ledger.
He will be re-evaluated on Monday. X-rays were taken but coach Avery Johnson would not discuss the findings with the media.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)