Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Brook Lopez has been back just five games after foot surgery — and his impact on the Nets has been clear. The Nets are 3-2 in those games including wins over New York and Dallas, with Lopez averaging 19.2 points per game.
But now the Nets may be without him again for a stretch.
Lopez rolled his right ankle early in the third quarter trying to guard Charlotte’s DeSagana Diop, came out soon after and did not return to the game. He left the arena on crutches but did travel with the team to Miami, reports the Star-Ledger.
He will be re-evaluated on Monday. X-rays were taken but coach Avery Johnson would not discuss the findings with the media.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 36
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 44
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 57
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7