Mar 5, 2012, 8:10 AM EDT
Brook Lopez has been back just five games after foot surgery — and his impact on the Nets has been clear. The Nets are 3-2 in those games including wins over New York and Dallas, with Lopez averaging 19.2 points per game.
But now the Nets may be without him again for a stretch.
Lopez rolled his right ankle early in the third quarter trying to guard Charlotte’s DeSagana Diop, came out soon after and did not return to the game. He left the arena on crutches but did travel with the team to Miami, reports the Star-Ledger.
He will be re-evaluated on Monday. X-rays were taken but coach Avery Johnson would not discuss the findings with the media.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6