Mar 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
DeMarcus Cousins is a phenomenally temperamental player. He’s not a bad kid, by any account. That gets lost in all of his infuriating on-court behavior. He tends to annoy teammates, but he’s not causing trouble on or off court outside of some lazy defense from time to time. He’s also ruining everyone as of late, scoring and rebounding at insane rates per minute.
But there’s always questions about whether a player of his nature will try and push his way out of town, especially after the incident with Paul Westphal and subsequent comments from Andrew Bynum about feeling bad for him having to play in Sacramento.
But DMC shut down this rumors in an interview with the Boston Herald:
“Sacramento is where I want to be,’’ he said. “I want to bring the organization back, help the organization get started back winning. I love the city of Sacramento. That’s where I want to be. End of story.
“We can dig a hole, throw that topic in there, cover it with dirt, pack it down. I want to be in Sacramento. End of story.’’
That’s good to hear, since DMC is going to be there with the rookie contract and extension for a while. It’s nice that he’s not going to try and force his way out, but it’s not like he gets credit for that. You’re not supposed to force your way out of your team. It would be difficult in any respect for him to, considering his reputation, but his production also leads you to believe they don’t want to. Keith Smart has gotten through to the youngster and that helps tremendously.
So for now, no big blow-up in Sacramento, Hopefully he’ll continue to mature into the franchise player they need him to be.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)