Mar 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins is a phenomenally temperamental player. He’s not a bad kid, by any account. That gets lost in all of his infuriating on-court behavior. He tends to annoy teammates, but he’s not causing trouble on or off court outside of some lazy defense from time to time. He’s also ruining everyone as of late, scoring and rebounding at insane rates per minute.
But there’s always questions about whether a player of his nature will try and push his way out of town, especially after the incident with Paul Westphal and subsequent comments from Andrew Bynum about feeling bad for him having to play in Sacramento.
But DMC shut down this rumors in an interview with the Boston Herald:
“Sacramento is where I want to be,’’ he said. “I want to bring the organization back, help the organization get started back winning. I love the city of Sacramento. That’s where I want to be. End of story.
“We can dig a hole, throw that topic in there, cover it with dirt, pack it down. I want to be in Sacramento. End of story.’’
That’s good to hear, since DMC is going to be there with the rookie contract and extension for a while. It’s nice that he’s not going to try and force his way out, but it’s not like he gets credit for that. You’re not supposed to force your way out of your team. It would be difficult in any respect for him to, considering his reputation, but his production also leads you to believe they don’t want to. Keith Smart has gotten through to the youngster and that helps tremendously.
So for now, no big blow-up in Sacramento, Hopefully he’ll continue to mature into the franchise player they need him to be.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9