Mar 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins is a phenomenally temperamental player. He’s not a bad kid, by any account. That gets lost in all of his infuriating on-court behavior. He tends to annoy teammates, but he’s not causing trouble on or off court outside of some lazy defense from time to time. He’s also ruining everyone as of late, scoring and rebounding at insane rates per minute.
But there’s always questions about whether a player of his nature will try and push his way out of town, especially after the incident with Paul Westphal and subsequent comments from Andrew Bynum about feeling bad for him having to play in Sacramento.
But DMC shut down this rumors in an interview with the Boston Herald:
“Sacramento is where I want to be,’’ he said. “I want to bring the organization back, help the organization get started back winning. I love the city of Sacramento. That’s where I want to be. End of story.
“We can dig a hole, throw that topic in there, cover it with dirt, pack it down. I want to be in Sacramento. End of story.’’
That’s good to hear, since DMC is going to be there with the rookie contract and extension for a while. It’s nice that he’s not going to try and force his way out, but it’s not like he gets credit for that. You’re not supposed to force your way out of your team. It would be difficult in any respect for him to, considering his reputation, but his production also leads you to believe they don’t want to. Keith Smart has gotten through to the youngster and that helps tremendously.
So for now, no big blow-up in Sacramento, Hopefully he’ll continue to mature into the franchise player they need him to be.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22