Mar 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins is a phenomenally temperamental player. He’s not a bad kid, by any account. That gets lost in all of his infuriating on-court behavior. He tends to annoy teammates, but he’s not causing trouble on or off court outside of some lazy defense from time to time. He’s also ruining everyone as of late, scoring and rebounding at insane rates per minute.
But there’s always questions about whether a player of his nature will try and push his way out of town, especially after the incident with Paul Westphal and subsequent comments from Andrew Bynum about feeling bad for him having to play in Sacramento.
But DMC shut down this rumors in an interview with the Boston Herald:
“Sacramento is where I want to be,’’ he said. “I want to bring the organization back, help the organization get started back winning. I love the city of Sacramento. That’s where I want to be. End of story.
“We can dig a hole, throw that topic in there, cover it with dirt, pack it down. I want to be in Sacramento. End of story.’’
That’s good to hear, since DMC is going to be there with the rookie contract and extension for a while. It’s nice that he’s not going to try and force his way out, but it’s not like he gets credit for that. You’re not supposed to force your way out of your team. It would be difficult in any respect for him to, considering his reputation, but his production also leads you to believe they don’t want to. Keith Smart has gotten through to the youngster and that helps tremendously.
So for now, no big blow-up in Sacramento, Hopefully he’ll continue to mature into the franchise player they need him to be.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17