Mar 4, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins is a phenomenally temperamental player. He’s not a bad kid, by any account. That gets lost in all of his infuriating on-court behavior. He tends to annoy teammates, but he’s not causing trouble on or off court outside of some lazy defense from time to time. He’s also ruining everyone as of late, scoring and rebounding at insane rates per minute.
But there’s always questions about whether a player of his nature will try and push his way out of town, especially after the incident with Paul Westphal and subsequent comments from Andrew Bynum about feeling bad for him having to play in Sacramento.
But DMC shut down this rumors in an interview with the Boston Herald:
“Sacramento is where I want to be,’’ he said. “I want to bring the organization back, help the organization get started back winning. I love the city of Sacramento. That’s where I want to be. End of story.
“We can dig a hole, throw that topic in there, cover it with dirt, pack it down. I want to be in Sacramento. End of story.’’
That’s good to hear, since DMC is going to be there with the rookie contract and extension for a while. It’s nice that he’s not going to try and force his way out, but it’s not like he gets credit for that. You’re not supposed to force your way out of your team. It would be difficult in any respect for him to, considering his reputation, but his production also leads you to believe they don’t want to. Keith Smart has gotten through to the youngster and that helps tremendously.
So for now, no big blow-up in Sacramento, Hopefully he’ll continue to mature into the franchise player they need him to be.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23