Mar 2, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Ramon Session trade rumors are still a hot topic. It may be close to the deadline when it happens but expect him to be moved.
That in no way means Sessions asked for a trade.
Here is a fantastic oral history of the Malice at the Palace, as collected by Jonathon Abrams at Grantland.
In contrast to fights, here are the Knicks meeting a young girl who has battled back from cancer. Great story.
Lakers fans, this story should scare the crap out of you.
How to quantify and define “clutch” is going to be one of the big topics at the SLOAN Conference in Boston this weekend. It is the one area where often the numbers and perceptions are most at odds. But we can all agree that the 76ers are not good at it.
Really wish I could be at SLOAN, but I can’t do ASG and it back-to-back weekends and still keep my wife speaking to me.
Players union executive director Billy Hunter frustrated some players and agents during the lockout by not driving a hard enough bargain (there were hardline players as well). Hunter doesn’t care.
Joel Przybilla had his first action in more than a year with the Blazers Thursday and looked pretty solid.
Great breakdown of a key Spurs set — this team is the most precise in running their offense in the NBA right now.
Dennis Rodman is going to be part of forming a stripper basketball league. How often do they play “pour some sugar on me” during those games?
NBA players and officials tend to give their money to Barack Obama and Democratic campaigns. Owners tend to go Republican.
The Sixers waived center Francisco Elson.
The Cavaliers are keeoing Manny Harris around with another 10-day contract.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6