Mar 2, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
In case you missed it, Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook rolled his ankle near the end of the Thunder’s dramatic come-from-behind win over the Magic on Thursday night. (And if you did miss it, why? That was a fantastic game, best game of the night.)
After the game, reporters said Westbrook was noticeably limping, not a good sign. We were all waiting on official word today, and here it comes via the twitter account of Royce Young from the the must-read Daily Thunder.
Team says Russell Westbrook is day-to-day with an ankle sprain. His status for Saturday is definitely up in the air.
The Thunder play the Hawks Saturday, the Mavericks Monday and the Suns on Wednesday.
Westbrook has been pretty durable and played through a lot in his career, but in this case the Thunder should look at the big picture and rest him a game or two until it is fully healed. Once an ankle is sprained it’s easier to aggravate it by rolling it again. The Thunder will be fine without Westbrook for a few games, but they can’t risk making it worse and have something that lingers on in to when the games really matter.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 0
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 22
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13