Mar 2, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
In case you missed it, Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook rolled his ankle near the end of the Thunder’s dramatic come-from-behind win over the Magic on Thursday night. (And if you did miss it, why? That was a fantastic game, best game of the night.)
After the game, reporters said Westbrook was noticeably limping, not a good sign. We were all waiting on official word today, and here it comes via the twitter account of Royce Young from the the must-read Daily Thunder.
Team says Russell Westbrook is day-to-day with an ankle sprain. His status for Saturday is definitely up in the air.
The Thunder play the Hawks Saturday, the Mavericks Monday and the Suns on Wednesday.
Westbrook has been pretty durable and played through a lot in his career, but in this case the Thunder should look at the big picture and rest him a game or two until it is fully healed. Once an ankle is sprained it’s easier to aggravate it by rolling it again. The Thunder will be fine without Westbrook for a few games, but they can’t risk making it worse and have something that lingers on in to when the games really matter.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85