Mar 2, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
In case you missed it, Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook rolled his ankle near the end of the Thunder’s dramatic come-from-behind win over the Magic on Thursday night. (And if you did miss it, why? That was a fantastic game, best game of the night.)
After the game, reporters said Westbrook was noticeably limping, not a good sign. We were all waiting on official word today, and here it comes via the twitter account of Royce Young from the the must-read Daily Thunder.
Team says Russell Westbrook is day-to-day with an ankle sprain. His status for Saturday is definitely up in the air.
The Thunder play the Hawks Saturday, the Mavericks Monday and the Suns on Wednesday.
Westbrook has been pretty durable and played through a lot in his career, but in this case the Thunder should look at the big picture and rest him a game or two until it is fully healed. Once an ankle is sprained it’s easier to aggravate it by rolling it again. The Thunder will be fine without Westbrook for a few games, but they can’t risk making it worse and have something that lingers on in to when the games really matter.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12