Mar 2, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
In case you missed it, Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook rolled his ankle near the end of the Thunder’s dramatic come-from-behind win over the Magic on Thursday night. (And if you did miss it, why? That was a fantastic game, best game of the night.)
After the game, reporters said Westbrook was noticeably limping, not a good sign. We were all waiting on official word today, and here it comes via the twitter account of Royce Young from the the must-read Daily Thunder.
Team says Russell Westbrook is day-to-day with an ankle sprain. His status for Saturday is definitely up in the air.
The Thunder play the Hawks Saturday, the Mavericks Monday and the Suns on Wednesday.
Westbrook has been pretty durable and played through a lot in his career, but in this case the Thunder should look at the big picture and rest him a game or two until it is fully healed. Once an ankle is sprained it’s easier to aggravate it by rolling it again. The Thunder will be fine without Westbrook for a few games, but they can’t risk making it worse and have something that lingers on in to when the games really matter.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 26
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)