Mar 2, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
When the Kings and Cavaliers made a trade that sent the athletic J.J. Hickson to Sacramento (and Omri Casspi to Cleveland), it seemed a great fit. The athletic wing seemed a guy who could fit in well with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins.
Hasn’t worked out that way at all. Hickson’s game has taken a step back in Sacramento — he is shooting just 37.2 percent, his PER dropped from 15.6 last season to 10.2 this season— and that has the Kings trying to move him, reports Marc Stein at ESPN.
You can’t like their chances here given J.J. Hickson’s season-long struggles, but sources say that the Kings are shopping Hickson hard before the March 15 trade deadline, hoping to salvage something from the last trade consummated before last summer’s lockout.
Like Stein said, there may not be many takers, but it’s a name to watch.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 29
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 17