Mar 2, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
When the Kings and Cavaliers made a trade that sent the athletic J.J. Hickson to Sacramento (and Omri Casspi to Cleveland), it seemed a great fit. The athletic wing seemed a guy who could fit in well with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins.
Hasn’t worked out that way at all. Hickson’s game has taken a step back in Sacramento — he is shooting just 37.2 percent, his PER dropped from 15.6 last season to 10.2 this season— and that has the Kings trying to move him, reports Marc Stein at ESPN.
You can’t like their chances here given J.J. Hickson’s season-long struggles, but sources say that the Kings are shopping Hickson hard before the March 15 trade deadline, hoping to salvage something from the last trade consummated before last summer’s lockout.
Like Stein said, there may not be many takers, but it’s a name to watch.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49