Mar 2, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
When the Kings and Cavaliers made a trade that sent the athletic J.J. Hickson to Sacramento (and Omri Casspi to Cleveland), it seemed a great fit. The athletic wing seemed a guy who could fit in well with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins.
Hasn’t worked out that way at all. Hickson’s game has taken a step back in Sacramento — he is shooting just 37.2 percent, his PER dropped from 15.6 last season to 10.2 this season— and that has the Kings trying to move him, reports Marc Stein at ESPN.
You can’t like their chances here given J.J. Hickson’s season-long struggles, but sources say that the Kings are shopping Hickson hard before the March 15 trade deadline, hoping to salvage something from the last trade consummated before last summer’s lockout.
Like Stein said, there may not be many takers, but it’s a name to watch.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30