Mar 2, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
When the Kings and Cavaliers made a trade that sent the athletic J.J. Hickson to Sacramento (and Omri Casspi to Cleveland), it seemed a great fit. The athletic wing seemed a guy who could fit in well with Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins.
Hasn’t worked out that way at all. Hickson’s game has taken a step back in Sacramento — he is shooting just 37.2 percent, his PER dropped from 15.6 last season to 10.2 this season— and that has the Kings trying to move him, reports Marc Stein at ESPN.
You can’t like their chances here given J.J. Hickson’s season-long struggles, but sources say that the Kings are shopping Hickson hard before the March 15 trade deadline, hoping to salvage something from the last trade consummated before last summer’s lockout.
Like Stein said, there may not be many takers, but it’s a name to watch.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 14
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32