Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Consider this the “Ramon Sessions trade showcase” game now.
Kyrie Irving is out for the Cavaliers Friday Night game hosting the Bulls Friday night. Officially the Cavaliers are only saying he is ill, according to the Plain Dealer’s Cavs twitter account.
This moves Sessions into the starting lineup. He already has been drawing a lot of trade interest, the Cavaliers likely will move him but are trying to see how much they can get. They would like a first round pick, but that price may end up being too steep. Still, they need to showcase him so even when Irving returns, expect Sessions to get some extra run until he is traded.
We will update on Irving when we get more details.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9