Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Consider this the “Ramon Sessions trade showcase” game now.
Kyrie Irving is out for the Cavaliers Friday Night game hosting the Bulls Friday night. Officially the Cavaliers are only saying he is ill, according to the Plain Dealer’s Cavs twitter account.
This moves Sessions into the starting lineup. He already has been drawing a lot of trade interest, the Cavaliers likely will move him but are trying to see how much they can get. They would like a first round pick, but that price may end up being too steep. Still, they need to showcase him so even when Irving returns, expect Sessions to get some extra run until he is traded.
We will update on Irving when we get more details.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6