Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Consider this the “Ramon Sessions trade showcase” game now.
Kyrie Irving is out for the Cavaliers Friday Night game hosting the Bulls Friday night. Officially the Cavaliers are only saying he is ill, according to the Plain Dealer’s Cavs twitter account.
This moves Sessions into the starting lineup. He already has been drawing a lot of trade interest, the Cavaliers likely will move him but are trying to see how much they can get. They would like a first round pick, but that price may end up being too steep. Still, they need to showcase him so even when Irving returns, expect Sessions to get some extra run until he is traded.
We will update on Irving when we get more details.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32