Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Consider this the “Ramon Sessions trade showcase” game now.
Kyrie Irving is out for the Cavaliers Friday Night game hosting the Bulls Friday night. Officially the Cavaliers are only saying he is ill, according to the Plain Dealer’s Cavs twitter account.
This moves Sessions into the starting lineup. He already has been drawing a lot of trade interest, the Cavaliers likely will move him but are trying to see how much they can get. They would like a first round pick, but that price may end up being too steep. Still, they need to showcase him so even when Irving returns, expect Sessions to get some extra run until he is traded.
We will update on Irving when we get more details.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2