Mar 2, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Consider this the “Ramon Sessions trade showcase” game now.
Kyrie Irving is out for the Cavaliers Friday Night game hosting the Bulls Friday night. Officially the Cavaliers are only saying he is ill, according to the Plain Dealer’s Cavs twitter account.
This moves Sessions into the starting lineup. He already has been drawing a lot of trade interest, the Cavaliers likely will move him but are trying to see how much they can get. They would like a first round pick, but that price may end up being too steep. Still, they need to showcase him so even when Irving returns, expect Sessions to get some extra run until he is traded.
We will update on Irving when we get more details.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61