Mar 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Apparently Joe Johnson was not ready to come back yet.
The Hawks’ leading scorer been battling knee tendonitis that kept him out of two games before the All-Star Game as well as that game itself (the coaches voted him in as a replacement). He came back for the Hawks first game after the break and had 18 points.
Then his knee stiffened up the next day.
So Johnson is out Friday night against the Bucks and will miss at least one more game after that. He will be re-evaluated at that point and a decision made.
In a condensed season, coach Larry Drew needs to find some other ways to get him and his knee some rest.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18