Mar 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Apparently Joe Johnson was not ready to come back yet.
The Hawks’ leading scorer been battling knee tendonitis that kept him out of two games before the All-Star Game as well as that game itself (the coaches voted him in as a replacement). He came back for the Hawks first game after the break and had 18 points.
Then his knee stiffened up the next day.
So Johnson is out Friday night against the Bucks and will miss at least one more game after that. He will be re-evaluated at that point and a decision made.
In a condensed season, coach Larry Drew needs to find some other ways to get him and his knee some rest.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 19
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25