Mar 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Apparently Joe Johnson was not ready to come back yet.
The Hawks’ leading scorer been battling knee tendonitis that kept him out of two games before the All-Star Game as well as that game itself (the coaches voted him in as a replacement). He came back for the Hawks first game after the break and had 18 points.
Then his knee stiffened up the next day.
So Johnson is out Friday night against the Bucks and will miss at least one more game after that. He will be re-evaluated at that point and a decision made.
In a condensed season, coach Larry Drew needs to find some other ways to get him and his knee some rest.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10