Mar 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Apparently Joe Johnson was not ready to come back yet.
The Hawks’ leading scorer been battling knee tendonitis that kept him out of two games before the All-Star Game as well as that game itself (the coaches voted him in as a replacement). He came back for the Hawks first game after the break and had 18 points.
Then his knee stiffened up the next day.
So Johnson is out Friday night against the Bucks and will miss at least one more game after that. He will be re-evaluated at that point and a decision made.
In a condensed season, coach Larry Drew needs to find some other ways to get him and his knee some rest.
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 80
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 11
- Report: Clippers pull out of talks with Celtics 30
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit 83
- If Spurs win, Tony Parker should be the Finals MVP 24
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (89)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'