Mar 2, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Apparently Joe Johnson was not ready to come back yet.
The Hawks’ leading scorer been battling knee tendonitis that kept him out of two games before the All-Star Game as well as that game itself (the coaches voted him in as a replacement). He came back for the Hawks first game after the break and had 18 points.
Then his knee stiffened up the next day.
So Johnson is out Friday night against the Bucks and will miss at least one more game after that. He will be re-evaluated at that point and a decision made.
In a condensed season, coach Larry Drew needs to find some other ways to get him and his knee some rest.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11