Mar 2, 2012, 8:48 PM EDT
You’ve heard all the rumors — the Celtics are going to blow up the roster, that they aggressively shopping Rajon Rondo, that the real interest is in Paul Pierce and Ray Allen — and probably a few more. The latest hot rumor is Kevin Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers has heard them, too, and he’s pretty frustrated with them. He let the media know about it before Boston took the floor against the Nets on Friday night.
Rivers said he was especially bothered by rumors that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade Rajon Rondo, and another rumor involving the C’s shipping Rondo to Los Angeles for a package that would ultimately send Pau Gasol to Boston.
“That’s two (rumors) I haven’t been happy with,” said Rivers, who added that it doesn’t bother him if a rumor is in fact true. “There was no truth to that (the C’s were aggressively shopping Rondo), and the Gasol thing was even crazier. That was just ridiculous. When that kind of stuff happens, it bothers you.”
As for that KG for Smith rumor, Doc Rivers said it was the first he had heard of it. So, can we consider that one dead, too?
“I’m going to put it like this,” Rivers said. “If this is the first time I’ve heard it, what do you think?”
All that said, there is a lot of smoke in Boston for there to be no fire. Expect some kind of move by the deadline.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32