Mar 2, 2012, 8:48 PM EDT
You’ve heard all the rumors — the Celtics are going to blow up the roster, that they aggressively shopping Rajon Rondo, that the real interest is in Paul Pierce and Ray Allen — and probably a few more. The latest hot rumor is Kevin Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers has heard them, too, and he’s pretty frustrated with them. He let the media know about it before Boston took the floor against the Nets on Friday night.
Rivers said he was especially bothered by rumors that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade Rajon Rondo, and another rumor involving the C’s shipping Rondo to Los Angeles for a package that would ultimately send Pau Gasol to Boston.
“That’s two (rumors) I haven’t been happy with,” said Rivers, who added that it doesn’t bother him if a rumor is in fact true. “There was no truth to that (the C’s were aggressively shopping Rondo), and the Gasol thing was even crazier. That was just ridiculous. When that kind of stuff happens, it bothers you.”
As for that KG for Smith rumor, Doc Rivers said it was the first he had heard of it. So, can we consider that one dead, too?
“I’m going to put it like this,” Rivers said. “If this is the first time I’ve heard it, what do you think?”
All that said, there is a lot of smoke in Boston for there to be no fire. Expect some kind of move by the deadline.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 6
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 22
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43