Mar 2, 2012, 8:48 PM EDT
You’ve heard all the rumors — the Celtics are going to blow up the roster, that they aggressively shopping Rajon Rondo, that the real interest is in Paul Pierce and Ray Allen — and probably a few more. The latest hot rumor is Kevin Garnett to Atlanta for Josh Smith.
Celtics coach Doc Rivers has heard them, too, and he’s pretty frustrated with them. He let the media know about it before Boston took the floor against the Nets on Friday night.
Rivers said he was especially bothered by rumors that the Celtics were “aggressively” looking to trade Rajon Rondo, and another rumor involving the C’s shipping Rondo to Los Angeles for a package that would ultimately send Pau Gasol to Boston.
“That’s two (rumors) I haven’t been happy with,” said Rivers, who added that it doesn’t bother him if a rumor is in fact true. “There was no truth to that (the C’s were aggressively shopping Rondo), and the Gasol thing was even crazier. That was just ridiculous. When that kind of stuff happens, it bothers you.”
As for that KG for Smith rumor, Doc Rivers said it was the first he had heard of it. So, can we consider that one dead, too?
“I’m going to put it like this,” Rivers said. “If this is the first time I’ve heard it, what do you think?”
All that said, there is a lot of smoke in Boston for there to be no fire. Expect some kind of move by the deadline.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 4
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 7
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40