Mar 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What is the most miserable sports city in the United States? Forbes says it’s Atlanta — thanks Hawks for doing your part to get them there.
J.J. Barea was seen limping Wednesday night after the game and may miss a few games.
Christian Eyenga slipped coming out of the shower at the Q, cut his foot and needed stiches, which is why he didn’t play Wednesday against the Knicks. You can bet he heard about that one from teammates.
Chris “Birdman” Andersen got a DNP-CD Wednesday night.
Gavin Maloof talks about the rush and joy of keeping the Kings in Sacramento.
The guys at Magic Basketball did some great stuff over the weekend, getting video of players. They have a lot of stuff like this.
A Charlotte sportswriter pens a moving piece on his battle with depression.
An interview with former NBA player Ron Harper.
I’ll say that a lot of the things you read in Sports Illustrated’s big expose on UCLA’s basketball program are things that have been talked about around pickup games and high school gyms in Los Angeles for a few years. There is a reason UCLA has struggled to recruit Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook type guys the last few years.
Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric are now in the D-League.
The Timberwolves have sent Malcolm Lee back to the D-League.
Former NBA player Josh Powell has signed to play in Switzerland.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 42
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon