Mar 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What is the most miserable sports city in the United States? Forbes says it’s Atlanta — thanks Hawks for doing your part to get them there.
J.J. Barea was seen limping Wednesday night after the game and may miss a few games.
Christian Eyenga slipped coming out of the shower at the Q, cut his foot and needed stiches, which is why he didn’t play Wednesday against the Knicks. You can bet he heard about that one from teammates.
Chris “Birdman” Andersen got a DNP-CD Wednesday night.
Gavin Maloof talks about the rush and joy of keeping the Kings in Sacramento.
The guys at Magic Basketball did some great stuff over the weekend, getting video of players. They have a lot of stuff like this.
A Charlotte sportswriter pens a moving piece on his battle with depression.
An interview with former NBA player Ron Harper.
I’ll say that a lot of the things you read in Sports Illustrated’s big expose on UCLA’s basketball program are things that have been talked about around pickup games and high school gyms in Los Angeles for a few years. There is a reason UCLA has struggled to recruit Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook type guys the last few years.
Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric are now in the D-League.
The Timberwolves have sent Malcolm Lee back to the D-League.
Former NBA player Josh Powell has signed to play in Switzerland.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)