Mar 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What is the most miserable sports city in the United States? Forbes says it’s Atlanta — thanks Hawks for doing your part to get them there.
J.J. Barea was seen limping Wednesday night after the game and may miss a few games.
Christian Eyenga slipped coming out of the shower at the Q, cut his foot and needed stiches, which is why he didn’t play Wednesday against the Knicks. You can bet he heard about that one from teammates.
Chris “Birdman” Andersen got a DNP-CD Wednesday night.
Gavin Maloof talks about the rush and joy of keeping the Kings in Sacramento.
The guys at Magic Basketball did some great stuff over the weekend, getting video of players. They have a lot of stuff like this.
A Charlotte sportswriter pens a moving piece on his battle with depression.
An interview with former NBA player Ron Harper.
I’ll say that a lot of the things you read in Sports Illustrated’s big expose on UCLA’s basketball program are things that have been talked about around pickup games and high school gyms in Los Angeles for a few years. There is a reason UCLA has struggled to recruit Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook type guys the last few years.
Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric are now in the D-League.
The Timberwolves have sent Malcolm Lee back to the D-League.
Former NBA player Josh Powell has signed to play in Switzerland.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 0
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 3
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34