Mar 1, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
What is the most miserable sports city in the United States? Forbes says it’s Atlanta — thanks Hawks for doing your part to get them there.
J.J. Barea was seen limping Wednesday night after the game and may miss a few games.
Christian Eyenga slipped coming out of the shower at the Q, cut his foot and needed stiches, which is why he didn’t play Wednesday against the Knicks. You can bet he heard about that one from teammates.
Chris “Birdman” Andersen got a DNP-CD Wednesday night.
Gavin Maloof talks about the rush and joy of keeping the Kings in Sacramento.
The guys at Magic Basketball did some great stuff over the weekend, getting video of players. They have a lot of stuff like this.
A Charlotte sportswriter pens a moving piece on his battle with depression.
An interview with former NBA player Ron Harper.
I’ll say that a lot of the things you read in Sports Illustrated’s big expose on UCLA’s basketball program are things that have been talked about around pickup games and high school gyms in Los Angeles for a few years. There is a reason UCLA has struggled to recruit Kevin Love/Russell Westbrook type guys the last few years.
Jamario Moon, Dan Gadzuric are now in the D-League.
The Timberwolves have sent Malcolm Lee back to the D-League.
Former NBA player Josh Powell has signed to play in Switzerland.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65