Mar 1, 2012, 6:24 PM EDT
After he bit on a pump fake, left his feet and fouled Milwaukee center Drew Gooden on a three-pointer with one second left in the first half on Tuesday, JaVale McGee had to wait nearly 29 minutes of game action before he got the chance to play again for the Wizards…
…[Wizards coach Randy Wittman]
He benched McGee for the rest of the second half, then put Kevin Seraphin in at starting center against the Orlando Magic. McGee scored nine points and grabbed six rebounds in a season-low 16 minutes in the Wizards’ 102-95 loss on Wednesday. But McGee still doesn’t know what he is supposed to learn from this experience yet.
“I can’t say I do, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out sooner or later,” McGee said after the game.
McGee said he was “frustrated” after the Magic game, when he played a season-low 16 minutes, and that what Randy Wittman said to him and shooting guard Nick Young (who has also been benched) after the game was “between him and the coach.”
McGee is ultra-talented, but his lack of maturity has prevented him from having the kind of positive impact on the Wizards that a player with his gifts should have. Hopefully Wittman’s tactics with McGee will serve as a wake-up call for him, but you never know with JaVale.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy