Mar 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Eric Dampier isn’t brining a lot to the Atlanta Hawks the rest of this season. But the journeyman center provides some depth at a ravaged position in Atlanta.
The Hawks have picked up Dampier for the rest of the season, Marc Spears of Yahoo tweets.
Right now Zaza Pachulia is the starting center while everyone waits for the return of Al Horford. Jason Collins is still on the roster but is out a couple more weeks with elbow problems. Ivan Johnson is there, too, but that’s the kind of guy that has you picking up Dampier just in case.
By the way, Horford could return to non-contact work with the team soon but may still be a month away from stepping on the court following his torn pectoral muscle.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30