Mar 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Eric Dampier isn’t brining a lot to the Atlanta Hawks the rest of this season. But the journeyman center provides some depth at a ravaged position in Atlanta.
The Hawks have picked up Dampier for the rest of the season, Marc Spears of Yahoo tweets.
Right now Zaza Pachulia is the starting center while everyone waits for the return of Al Horford. Jason Collins is still on the roster but is out a couple more weeks with elbow problems. Ivan Johnson is there, too, but that’s the kind of guy that has you picking up Dampier just in case.
By the way, Horford could return to non-contact work with the team soon but may still be a month away from stepping on the court following his torn pectoral muscle.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8