Mar 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Eric Dampier isn’t brining a lot to the Atlanta Hawks the rest of this season. But the journeyman center provides some depth at a ravaged position in Atlanta.
The Hawks have picked up Dampier for the rest of the season, Marc Spears of Yahoo tweets.
Right now Zaza Pachulia is the starting center while everyone waits for the return of Al Horford. Jason Collins is still on the roster but is out a couple more weeks with elbow problems. Ivan Johnson is there, too, but that’s the kind of guy that has you picking up Dampier just in case.
By the way, Horford could return to non-contact work with the team soon but may still be a month away from stepping on the court following his torn pectoral muscle.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 12
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 1
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 6
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 9
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5