Mar 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Eric Dampier isn’t brining a lot to the Atlanta Hawks the rest of this season. But the journeyman center provides some depth at a ravaged position in Atlanta.
The Hawks have picked up Dampier for the rest of the season, Marc Spears of Yahoo tweets.
Right now Zaza Pachulia is the starting center while everyone waits for the return of Al Horford. Jason Collins is still on the roster but is out a couple more weeks with elbow problems. Ivan Johnson is there, too, but that’s the kind of guy that has you picking up Dampier just in case.
By the way, Horford could return to non-contact work with the team soon but may still be a month away from stepping on the court following his torn pectoral muscle.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13