Mar 1, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Eric Dampier isn’t brining a lot to the Atlanta Hawks the rest of this season. But the journeyman center provides some depth at a ravaged position in Atlanta.
The Hawks have picked up Dampier for the rest of the season, Marc Spears of Yahoo tweets.
Right now Zaza Pachulia is the starting center while everyone waits for the return of Al Horford. Jason Collins is still on the roster but is out a couple more weeks with elbow problems. Ivan Johnson is there, too, but that’s the kind of guy that has you picking up Dampier just in case.
By the way, Horford could return to non-contact work with the team soon but may still be a month away from stepping on the court following his torn pectoral muscle.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7