Chris Bosh to miss next two Heat games for personal reasons

Mar 1, 2012, 4:32 PM EST

Sacramento Kings v Miami Heat Getty Images

Our condolences go out to Chris Bosh, his grandmother has passed away. You are in our thoughts.

Because of that, Bosh will be missing the Heat’s Thursday game against Portland and Friday against Utah. He is expected to return Sunday when the Heat travel to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers.

The Heat will certainly miss Bosh on the court, he went for 20 points and 10 boards in their last game and has been a key part of Miami’s recent hot streak.

Adjust your fantasy rosters accordingly, expect Udonis Haslem and Shane Battier to get more run. And if you have a problem with this beyond that, well, you need to get some perspective in your life.

1. sellahh - Mar 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Too bad, I’d love to see Lakers vs Heat while both teams have all their core players. Now if he was out because of some serious injury Id be very happy but personal reasons, sigh.

• blueintown - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM

“Sigh” is right. What a despicable thing to say.

• sellahh - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Captain obvious to the rescue. Other news today: Earth is round and the Sun is the center of our universe.

• willardj - Mar 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hahaha, you think the sun is the center of the universe? Do you also believe the Earth is 4,000 years old?

• sellahh - Mar 2, 2012 at 3:27 AM

solar system, dont get all so catchy punk

• blueintown - Mar 2, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Apparently Copernicus is a Lakers fan.

2. thenmoveback - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM

“sigh” cuz it says he WILL be back for the lakers heat game. Learn to read and not hate so much.

• sellahh - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Didnt care to read the whole post and i couldnt care less about Miami’s schedule, could be 82 back-to-back-to-back-to-back… games for all I care.

• edweird0 - Mar 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Why are you on here??

3. stadix093 - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Not trying to troll or anything, but would anyone trade bosh or rondo? I mean seriously just curious.

• juanandonly24 - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM

They don’t have a need for a Point Guard, since Chalmers brings good shooting and defense and they need Bosh since they have little depth in their front court.

• stadix093 - Mar 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Good points. I guess my Lakers need one so bad, I apply it everywhere ha.

4. bowwserr - Mar 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Making a pointless “captain obvious” comment and making a scientifically wrong statement…glad I’m not THAT guy.

Condolences to Bosh and his family. Personally, I can’t stand the guy. But loss is terrible for everyone, and I certainly feel for him. But my God, what a statement Miami made last night against the Trailblazers, without one of their Big 3. I honestly can’t see anyone from the East bringing them down in the playoffs.

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches