Mar 1, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Arthritic finger? Check. Torn ligament in wrist? Check? Broken nose? Check. Knees that require fancy German blood procedure? Check.
Sore neck? Add that to the list.
“Feels like it’s just constant throbbing at the base of my head, where my neck is,” Bryant said late Wednesday night after the Lakers beat Minnesota. “It’s just kind of getting those muscles to relax a little bit.”
Kobe could use some rest — so why did Mike Brown run him (and Pau Gasol) out in the last 7 minutes of a game where the Lakers were up 19 on Wednesday? Brown was laughing about it later.
Mike, watch Gregg Popovich. That is how you get a team ready for the playoffs. You only have three really good players, try to get them some rest.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14