Mar 1, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Arthritic finger? Check. Torn ligament in wrist? Check? Broken nose? Check. Knees that require fancy German blood procedure? Check.
Sore neck? Add that to the list.
“Feels like it’s just constant throbbing at the base of my head, where my neck is,” Bryant said late Wednesday night after the Lakers beat Minnesota. “It’s just kind of getting those muscles to relax a little bit.”
Kobe could use some rest — so why did Mike Brown run him (and Pau Gasol) out in the last 7 minutes of a game where the Lakers were up 19 on Wednesday? Brown was laughing about it later.
Mike, watch Gregg Popovich. That is how you get a team ready for the playoffs. You only have three really good players, try to get them some rest.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4