Mar 1, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Arthritic finger? Check. Torn ligament in wrist? Check? Broken nose? Check. Knees that require fancy German blood procedure? Check.
Sore neck? Add that to the list.
“Feels like it’s just constant throbbing at the base of my head, where my neck is,” Bryant said late Wednesday night after the Lakers beat Minnesota. “It’s just kind of getting those muscles to relax a little bit.”
Kobe could use some rest — so why did Mike Brown run him (and Pau Gasol) out in the last 7 minutes of a game where the Lakers were up 19 on Wednesday? Brown was laughing about it later.
Mike, watch Gregg Popovich. That is how you get a team ready for the playoffs. You only have three really good players, try to get them some rest.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4