Mar 1, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
Arthritic finger? Check. Torn ligament in wrist? Check? Broken nose? Check. Knees that require fancy German blood procedure? Check.
Sore neck? Add that to the list.
“Feels like it’s just constant throbbing at the base of my head, where my neck is,” Bryant said late Wednesday night after the Lakers beat Minnesota. “It’s just kind of getting those muscles to relax a little bit.”
Kobe could use some rest — so why did Mike Brown run him (and Pau Gasol) out in the last 7 minutes of a game where the Lakers were up 19 on Wednesday? Brown was laughing about it later.
Mike, watch Gregg Popovich. That is how you get a team ready for the playoffs. You only have three really good players, try to get them some rest.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2