You can have Jordan’s Chicago home for a cool $29 million

Feb 29, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT

Jordan house

I was just thinking my family needed another bedroom, or 12. And three climate-cooled garages. And a three-bedroom guest house that is bigger than the house we actually live in now.

Plus how cool would it be to live in Michael Jordan’s Chicago home, which is now for sale. But I’m not sure I can get approved for the $29 million loan I need. I’m going to call Dan Gilbert later today and see if I can get a little help here.

The Daily Herald has the details on the home and sale.

According to a news release by Baird and Warner, the secluded compound offers more than 56,000 square feet of livable space on three levels, including nine bedrooms, 15 full baths and four half-baths, and five fireplaces…

It continues that, in addition to the main residence, the estate features an attached three-bedroom guesthouse, an indoor/outdoor entertaining and pool area, an outdoor tennis court, a putting green, a deep-water pond, and three separate climate-controlled multicar garages.

Of course, the home has a basketball court. Well, not really, it has a basketball complex.

The recreational facility has a separate entry and nearby parking area, features a full-size regulation basketball court with specially cushioned hardwood flooring, adjustable backstops and baskets, and competition-quality high intensity lighting. The court also has a one-of-a-kind sound system.

By the way, the annual property taxes on this are $165,000. That’s a little outside my price range. I may have to pass, so it is all yours.

1. edmazeing1 - Feb 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Maybe D.Rose will buy it!!!

2. bearsstillsuck - Feb 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Imagine all the space jam memorabilia in there also.

3. Rish77 - Feb 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM

He should sell it for 23,000,000… He doesnt need that extra 6 million

• dannyocean83 - Feb 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

He may not need it, but I bet Juanita wants it.

• florida727 - Feb 29, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Well heck, if you’re going by jersey numbers, I’d suggest $45 million :)

4. smiz17 - Feb 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Saw more pictures of it on the WSJ…The indoor basketball court is awesome.

5. chiadam - Feb 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Only nine bedrooms? Pass.

6. t16rich - Feb 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

And people are homeless. Hahahaha. Space Jam rules.

7. philtration - Feb 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM

The floor in his trophy room is from center court of the old Chicago Stadium.
    Wonder if he will take that with him.

8. detroitcityryda - Feb 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Is he el broko why he selling dawg c’mon mj let a broths hold sum a cupcake a toaster a Mitsubishi galant ?

9. kappy32 - Feb 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Why is he selling this beauty of a home (I HATE when people, specifically refer to large homes as a “compound”)? It’s right outside Chicago, his adopted home, and he obviously invested a lot of money, effort & care into this home. Did his gambling finally catch up to him? I doubt it very much, but something isn’t right here

• mcjon22 - Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Benny the Bull should buy this place. Chump change to Benny

10. africanballer - Mar 1, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I know I can’t afford it but that ’23′ on the gate is really unecessary

11. glink123 - Mar 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Even after Jordan was forced to give his ex-wife $168 million in their divorce settlement, his estimated net worth is STILL nearly $600 million. Plus he’s still earning nearly $70 million annually on his endorsement deals with Nike, Gatorade, Haynes, and others. He just built a massive home in Florida, and is engaged again. I’m sure his new lady wants nothing to do with the Chicago house, considering the old memories MJ has from raising a family in that home.

12. jolink653 - Mar 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

what the hell would you need 15 full bathrooms for? you can’t get by on 3 or 4?

13. progress2011 - Mar 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Here is the perfect opportunity for kobe to ” be like mike ” ! This is his closest opportunity to actually complete the feat.

MJ might even leave a used pair of Hanes around for him to wear.

kobe should call Vanessa for a loan.

14. spor4622 - Mar 9, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Not enough baths for me honestly… @sportschmucks.com

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview