Feb 29, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
I was just thinking my family needed another bedroom, or 12. And three climate-cooled garages. And a three-bedroom guest house that is bigger than the house we actually live in now.
Plus how cool would it be to live in Michael Jordan’s Chicago home, which is now for sale. But I’m not sure I can get approved for the $29 million loan I need. I’m going to call Dan Gilbert later today and see if I can get a little help here.
The Daily Herald has the details on the home and sale.
According to a news release by Baird and Warner, the secluded compound offers more than 56,000 square feet of livable space on three levels, including nine bedrooms, 15 full baths and four half-baths, and five fireplaces…
It continues that, in addition to the main residence, the estate features an attached three-bedroom guesthouse, an indoor/outdoor entertaining and pool area, an outdoor tennis court, a putting green, a deep-water pond, and three separate climate-controlled multicar garages.
Of course, the home has a basketball court. Well, not really, it has a basketball complex.
The recreational facility has a separate entry and nearby parking area, features a full-size regulation basketball court with specially cushioned hardwood flooring, adjustable backstops and baskets, and competition-quality high intensity lighting. The court also has a one-of-a-kind sound system.
By the way, the annual property taxes on this are $165,000. That’s a little outside my price range. I may have to pass, so it is all yours.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 6
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 5
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 32
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)