Wednesday And-1 links: Some rumors, Shaq, flu game talk

Feb 29, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT

Monta Ellis Getty Images

Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).

Those rumors of a Monta Ellis to the Nets for Brook Lopez trade? Not much to them.

Milwaukee will apparently listen to trade offers for Andrew Bogut. Not sure they will get anything near what they think he is worth.

The Timberwolves called the Nets to see if Anthony Morrow was available, but the answer was no.

In an interview with VIBE, Shaquille O’Neal says Steve Nash should not have two MVPs. I agree, and I also agree there is no way Shaq should only have one.

Speaking of MVP, who do you think should get it this year? Vote here at NBCSports on our MVP tracker.

The Knicks are seeing a big boost in online traffic since Jeremy Lin became the show.

Phil Jackson talks about his memories of Michael Jordan’s flu game.

Hornets coach Monty Williams says not to compare the Derrick Rose Bulls to the Jordan Bulls yet. I’m not sure why people need to be reminded of that.

Kobe Bryant in a Nike ad made to look like a ‘70s Italian crime film.

Wizards coach Randy Wittman had enough with the mental lapses on Tuesday night — when JaVale McGee fouled Drew Gooden on a three-point attempt, he benched McGee for the rest of the game. He said they are done using youth as an excuse.

Danilo Gallinari said he could be back with the Nuggets by the end of the week.

From the twitter account of TVSportsratings: Between ’02 and ’12, median age of NBA All-Star audience dropped from 38 to 33. Between ’01 and ’11, MLB grew from 46 to 52.”

Breaking down what has gone on with Amare Stoudemire’s game.

Ekpe Udoh is an enigma — he doesn’t do much on the court, but his +/- numbers are amazing.

Nicki Minaj apparently makes fun of Chris Bosh crying in her latest song. After suffering through her All-Star Game performance, I’m pretty done with her and whatever she says.

Joe Johnson missed the All-Star Game but may not miss any more Hawks practices or games due to tendonitits in the knee.

Manu Ginobili went through what Gregg Popovich described as a “partial practice” on Tuesday. So I guess no contact. Either way, don’t expect him for a few days.

Zach Randolph practiced but did not go through any contact with the Grizzlies Tuesday.

Ronny Turiaf is meeting this week with doctors to see if his hand is healed and he can get cleared to return to the Wizards.

Interesting article about bringing wifi into sports arenas for the fans to use.

One of my favorite things from All-Star Weekend in the arena caught on tape — inflatable mascots. I’m not sure why, but they are always funny. Check out the video:

1. jrod2173 - Feb 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Might want to watch a Warriors game before saying Udoh does nothing on the court. The guy plays monster defense and brings great energy to the team when he is in which is why his +/- is so high. I know everyone is about the box score these days, but there is more to basketball then the stat sheet.

• airjunior23 - Feb 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I agree. I like udoh, I just wish the Warriors wouldnt draft so damn hallmark, or soft if you will. Too many “character” guys and noooo tough hardnosed players. I will say that Udoh is going up against centers and bigger guys and with the fouls that he has to take its unfair to assess him the way analyst do.

• david0303 - Mar 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I read that one liner and went straight to the bottom to make comment but i was happy to see it was already done. He comes in with crazy energy, monster blocks, and solid D. The one game he started he put up something like 19 and 8 and im pretty sure hes towards the top of the league in blocks per 36. Things like this make me question how much these writters, especially kurt, actually watch teams other than the heat, okc, the clippers, and a few others.

2. airjunior23 - Feb 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Shaq shouldnt have an MVP. Well I guess three finals MVPs are also terrible decisions by the masses as well. Shaq is right, Nash got his first MVP when J. Kidd turned a terrible team from 20 wins to 60 wins…biggest turn around in NBA history and he still damn near averaged a trip dub…and a finals appearance where he ran in ohhh…Shaq! Kurt Helin hush the fudge up

3. drunkenjunk - Feb 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Nicki minaj should really stop talking and be thankful that her 15 minutes aren’t up yet.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches