Feb 29, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Speaking of MVP, who do you think should get it this year? Vote here at NBCSports on our MVP tracker.
Phil Jackson talks about his memories of Michael Jordan’s flu game.
Wizards coach Randy Wittman had enough with the mental lapses on Tuesday night — when JaVale McGee fouled Drew Gooden on a three-point attempt, he benched McGee for the rest of the game. He said they are done using youth as an excuse.
From the twitter account of TVSportsratings: Between ’02 and ’12, median age of NBA All-Star audience dropped from 38 to 33. Between ’01 and ’11, MLB grew from 46 to 52.”
Ronny Turiaf is meeting this week with doctors to see if his hand is healed and he can get cleared to return to the Wizards.
Interesting article about bringing wifi into sports arenas for the fans to use.
One of my favorite things from All-Star Weekend in the arena caught on tape — inflatable mascots. I’m not sure why, but they are always funny. Check out the video:
- Why shot-location defense matters 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 5
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 9
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 10
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6