Feb 29, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant always seemed like a cool enough cat to save the world. In this promo from Nike Basketball, we get to see what that might look like, 70’s exploitation style. From Nike Italy’s YouTube channel:
“Enzo G. Castellari, cult Italian director of 70’s exploitation movies, introduces us to a hidden treasure taken from his filmography, Milano Kalibro Kobe.
“The short movie, discovered in the basement of the director’s house, tells the story of the epic struggle between the law enforcement and a gang of ruthless thiefs and how the battle between evil and good takes a twist for the better thanks to the intervention of Black Mamba, international man of action and incredible baller.”
In addition to Bryant, the clip also features international soccer stars Wesley Sneijder, Gennaro Gattuso, and Claudio Marchisio.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4