Feb 29, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Is there a team that couldn’t use an elite wing defender who is giving a team 13.9 points per game, is shooting 42 percent from three, works well off the ball and is willing to come off the bench.
There’s a reason that the Portland Trail Blazers are going to get a lot of calls from other teams before the trade deadline looking to get Nicolas Batum. He’s a keeper.
But the Blazers are not giving him up, reports the Oregonian.
The Blazers are not looking to rebuild and many trade partners will aggressively try to pry Nicolas Batum from them. That’s not happening.
Just remember that when you keep hearing Batum’s name come up in trade talks in the next couple of weeks. That’s not happening. That’s not happening. That’s not happening. That’s not happening. That’s not happening. That’s not happening….
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 8
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 1
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)