Feb 29, 2012, 8:08 AM EST
Remember a few weeks back, the New Orleans Hornets took Chris Kaman off the floor so he wouldn’t get injured as they tried to trade him? Then, after a few days they abandoned that plan as the offers coming in for Kaman did not impress Hornets ownership? Meaning David Stern. We’re not sure what he was expecting.
In his last six games, Kaman has averaged17.8 points and 9 rebounds. That will drive up your trade value.
And he likely will still be traded before the deadline, reports beat writer Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Kaman is a good NBA center, there will be a market for him. Maybe not one that involves what Stern thinks is equal value, but there is one. There are teams from coast to coast — Golden State to Boston — that could use a real center and might be interested in the right deal.
Just consider this a reminder that if there is one guy most likely to be moved before the deadline it is Kaman.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 0
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 2
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 10
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)