Feb 29, 2012, 8:08 AM EDT
Remember a few weeks back, the New Orleans Hornets took Chris Kaman off the floor so he wouldn’t get injured as they tried to trade him? Then, after a few days they abandoned that plan as the offers coming in for Kaman did not impress Hornets ownership? Meaning David Stern. We’re not sure what he was expecting.
In his last six games, Kaman has averaged17.8 points and 9 rebounds. That will drive up your trade value.
And he likely will still be traded before the deadline, reports beat writer Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Kaman is a good NBA center, there will be a market for him. Maybe not one that involves what Stern thinks is equal value, but there is one. There are teams from coast to coast — Golden State to Boston — that could use a real center and might be interested in the right deal.
Just consider this a reminder that if there is one guy most likely to be moved before the deadline it is Kaman.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32