Feb 29, 2012, 8:08 AM EDT
Remember a few weeks back, the New Orleans Hornets took Chris Kaman off the floor so he wouldn’t get injured as they tried to trade him? Then, after a few days they abandoned that plan as the offers coming in for Kaman did not impress Hornets ownership? Meaning David Stern. We’re not sure what he was expecting.
In his last six games, Kaman has averaged17.8 points and 9 rebounds. That will drive up your trade value.
And he likely will still be traded before the deadline, reports beat writer Jimmy Smith of the Times-Picayune.
Kaman is a good NBA center, there will be a market for him. Maybe not one that involves what Stern thinks is equal value, but there is one. There are teams from coast to coast — Golden State to Boston — that could use a real center and might be interested in the right deal.
Just consider this a reminder that if there is one guy most likely to be moved before the deadline it is Kaman.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29