Feb 28, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Looking at the remaining schedules of the playoff teams in the West — Dallas and Los Angeles have it tough.
On the other end of the scale, looking at who might be getting the most ping-pong balls come the lottery.
Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson returned from Orlando to a hero’s welcome at the Sacramento airport.
The NBA All-Star Game drew the second highest ratings of the last seven years. Which is not bad considering it was on opposite the Oscars.
The story of a woman who sort of knew Jeremy Lin in college and now all her friends want all the scuttlebutt.
The Celtics Jermaine O’Neal is going to see a hand specialist.
There was a time when Bobby Simmons was a rising star with the Clippers, a Sixth Man of the Year type guy. Things changed. Now he is up from the D-League with a 10-day contract from the Clippers.
The Grizzlies recalled rookie Josh Selby from the D-League on Monday.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22