Check it out: NBC’s Collegebasketballtalk is here

Feb 28, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT

Kentucky v Tennessee Getty Images

Sure, we’re NBA fans here. But more than that we’re basketball fans. We’re hoop junkies. We watch a lot of college ball, too — I have had Long Beach State season tickets for years. And right now we’re heading into the best part of the college season, with conference tournaments followed by the NCAA Big Dance itself.

Just in time, NBC has launched CollegeBasketballTalk. If I have to explain the concept to you, well, we’ve got trouble. It’s anything and everything you need to know about college hoops. We know they’re good because they said good things about Long Beach (which you should do, they are the classic mid-major that could swing a first round upset with the right matchup).

We’ll be linking to them, and as we move closer and closer to the NBA draft you can bet we’ll be interacting with CollegeBasketballTalk a lot.

Check them out.

1. AlohaMrHand - Feb 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

When does the link go in at the top of the page along with the other links?

• bozosforall - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:03 AM

They need to bump the “Inside the Irish” tab off and put CBT in that spot. No one except for the ND morons even cares about a program that hasn’t won any major championships in forever.

• eazye76 - Feb 28, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Finally. I have no problem with Notre Dame having their own site, but I never understood why you would have a page devoted to one school but not have any coverage of college basketball.

I’m glad CBT is here but it would have been nice to have it all season and for that matter the last two seasons as well.

• bozosforall - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:13 PM

CBT is a welcome addition for sure.

2. acdc363 - Feb 28, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Why move hardball talk below hockey and college bball talk on the nbc app? I understand baseball isn’t in season but I was so used to that set up that without looking I keep clicking college stories cause that’s where my baseball stories are supposed to be.

• sknut - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I am glad I am not the only one that noticed that too. I liked how it was set up before.

3. koufaxmitzvah - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Nice season for your 49ers, Helin. Too bad for you the Gauchos have them right where they want them. In line for another Big West conference championship game loss.

Go Gauchos!

4. paulydefense - Feb 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Nice work.

Go Big Blue.

5. 00maltliquor - Feb 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Sooo…they re-named beyondthearc to collegebasketballtalk? I kinda don’t get it, there was already a college bball site, it just wasn’t on display. You would have to click NCAA BK on the top and go to the site from there. Either way, it needs to be put on the toolbar and inside the irish needs to vanish.

6. ispysomething7 - Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Long Beach State Kurt??? Well that explains a lot

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches