Feb 27, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
All weekend Deron Williams got asked about Jeremy Lin again and again — not his favorite topic, as you might guess — but he did reveal this one little nugget: other point guards are gearing up to go at him now. With all the attention, a lot of very prideful players have Lin specifically in their sights.
There are countless events and promotions that come to a city on All-Star Weekend. From my vantage point, with Orlando’s own Dwight Howard an adidas guy and the fact they have the clothing contract with the league, adidas gear seemed to be everywhere.
Amway Center is a really beautiful building inside.
Neverest performed the Canadian national anthem on Sunday. When I asked the guys from The Basketball Jones — who are Canadian and live and work in Toronto — who the band was they had no idea. Never heard of them.
While the expensive suites and lower bowl seats were only lightly filled Friday (and even Sunday there were empty seats there) the upper bowl seats where the regular fans of Orlando sat was pretty much full every night.
TNT got big ratings the first couple nights of All-Star Weekend. The Rising Stars Challege on Friday was the most-watched telecast in the event’s history. The Saturday night events (three-point, dunk contest, etc) was tied for the second-highest rated NBA All-Star Saturday Night all-time (trailing 2009).
Ben & Jerry’s put out a “Taste the Lin-Sanity” ice cream, but had to stop productionwhen there were complaints they put fortune cookies in it.
Scottie Pippen says the current Bulls remind him of the Bulls teams he was on in the ‘80s.
Shaquille O’Neal is having a little tiff with a Puerto Rican radio station.
Mike D’Antoni is pretty confident the Knicks can figure out how to blend all that talent.
Joel Przybilla has passed his physical and will be added to the Blazers roster in the next day or two, reports the Oregonian. Someone will have to be cut to make room.
Nets on Monday will sign Gerald Green of the D-Fenders of the D-League.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37