Feb 27, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Dwight Howard has a big decision on his hand. He reportedly hasn’t retracted his trade demand, nor has he decided where he explicitly wants to go. The Magic haven’t decided to actively pursue offers, choosing to wait and see what happens after they offer another extension after March 1st. So in general, nothing new to report, and the standoff continues.
But one person reportedly has an opinion.
TNT”s Craig Sager reported Sunday night that Dwight Howard’s mother wants him to stay in Orlando.
Have fun with that , Dwight.
Look, do you do everything your mom tells you to? And if so, are you eight? And if so, can I have your pudding pack?
Howard has a decision to make and doesn’t need his mom putting pressure on him in public. If she wants him to stay in Orlando, that’s great, but he has to make up his own mind. He’s 26. He’s got an agent advising him, publicists advising him, friends advising him. He’s going to get a lot of input.
That said, when your mom tells you to do something you listen. Getting elbowed by Zaza Pachulia? Nothing. Getting hip-checked by Kendrick Perkins? Nothing. Getting worked over by your mother? That hurts. Love hurts.
But it shows you how this situation is ramping up. Everyone has an opinion on where Dwight goes, just like everyone had an opinion on James. But if he decides to leave the Magic, the fans are no longer the toughest person he’ll have to explain his decision to. Sorry, Mama.
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 0
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 34
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 14
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 27
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay