Feb 27, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Dwight Howard has a big decision on his hand. He reportedly hasn’t retracted his trade demand, nor has he decided where he explicitly wants to go. The Magic haven’t decided to actively pursue offers, choosing to wait and see what happens after they offer another extension after March 1st. So in general, nothing new to report, and the standoff continues.
But one person reportedly has an opinion.
TNT”s Craig Sager reported Sunday night that Dwight Howard’s mother wants him to stay in Orlando.
Have fun with that , Dwight.
Look, do you do everything your mom tells you to? And if so, are you eight? And if so, can I have your pudding pack?
Howard has a decision to make and doesn’t need his mom putting pressure on him in public. If she wants him to stay in Orlando, that’s great, but he has to make up his own mind. He’s 26. He’s got an agent advising him, publicists advising him, friends advising him. He’s going to get a lot of input.
That said, when your mom tells you to do something you listen. Getting elbowed by Zaza Pachulia? Nothing. Getting hip-checked by Kendrick Perkins? Nothing. Getting worked over by your mother? That hurts. Love hurts.
But it shows you how this situation is ramping up. Everyone has an opinion on where Dwight goes, just like everyone had an opinion on James. But if he decides to leave the Magic, the fans are no longer the toughest person he’ll have to explain his decision to. Sorry, Mama.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61