Feb 27, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Dwight Howard has a big decision on his hand. He reportedly hasn’t retracted his trade demand, nor has he decided where he explicitly wants to go. The Magic haven’t decided to actively pursue offers, choosing to wait and see what happens after they offer another extension after March 1st. So in general, nothing new to report, and the standoff continues.
But one person reportedly has an opinion.
TNT”s Craig Sager reported Sunday night that Dwight Howard’s mother wants him to stay in Orlando.
Have fun with that , Dwight.
Look, do you do everything your mom tells you to? And if so, are you eight? And if so, can I have your pudding pack?
Howard has a decision to make and doesn’t need his mom putting pressure on him in public. If she wants him to stay in Orlando, that’s great, but he has to make up his own mind. He’s 26. He’s got an agent advising him, publicists advising him, friends advising him. He’s going to get a lot of input.
That said, when your mom tells you to do something you listen. Getting elbowed by Zaza Pachulia? Nothing. Getting hip-checked by Kendrick Perkins? Nothing. Getting worked over by your mother? That hurts. Love hurts.
But it shows you how this situation is ramping up. Everyone has an opinion on where Dwight goes, just like everyone had an opinion on James. But if he decides to leave the Magic, the fans are no longer the toughest person he’ll have to explain his decision to. Sorry, Mama.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50