Feb 27, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
It’s about to become the only think anyone talks about.
Through All-Star Weekend, Dwight Howard was able to keep a lid on the speculation about whether or not he will be traded. But that is about to change. The Magic players and front office staff are going to be asked constantly about whether or not he will be moved. Rumors are going to fly around. It’s going to get crazy.
All that also going to impact teams where he might land. Like the New Jersey Nets, who have their eye on Howard to pair with Deron Williams.
Williams said he thinks the Nets are prepared to deal with it because of everything they have gone through this season.
“We’ve had a lot of injuries, a lot of things to fight through,” Williams said. “I think we’re a pretty resilient team.
“Guys have been pretty much dealing with this all season. It’s not like it really hasn’t been a big focus (for us), there are frequently asked questions out there. I think guys have handled it well all year and we’re going to do keep doing it. That’s our job.”
That’s what he should say. But I don’t think he really grasps how crazy this is going to get until Orlando makes up their mind one way or another.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 3
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)