Feb 27, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
It’s about to become the only think anyone talks about.
Through All-Star Weekend, Dwight Howard was able to keep a lid on the speculation about whether or not he will be traded. But that is about to change. The Magic players and front office staff are going to be asked constantly about whether or not he will be moved. Rumors are going to fly around. It’s going to get crazy.
All that also going to impact teams where he might land. Like the New Jersey Nets, who have their eye on Howard to pair with Deron Williams.
Williams said he thinks the Nets are prepared to deal with it because of everything they have gone through this season.
“We’ve had a lot of injuries, a lot of things to fight through,” Williams said. “I think we’re a pretty resilient team.
“Guys have been pretty much dealing with this all season. It’s not like it really hasn’t been a big focus (for us), there are frequently asked questions out there. I think guys have handled it well all year and we’re going to do keep doing it. That’s our job.”
That’s what he should say. But I don’t think he really grasps how crazy this is going to get until Orlando makes up their mind one way or another.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 13
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 12
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16