Feb 27, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
It’s about to become the only think anyone talks about.
Through All-Star Weekend, Dwight Howard was able to keep a lid on the speculation about whether or not he will be traded. But that is about to change. The Magic players and front office staff are going to be asked constantly about whether or not he will be moved. Rumors are going to fly around. It’s going to get crazy.
All that also going to impact teams where he might land. Like the New Jersey Nets, who have their eye on Howard to pair with Deron Williams.
Williams said he thinks the Nets are prepared to deal with it because of everything they have gone through this season.
“We’ve had a lot of injuries, a lot of things to fight through,” Williams said. “I think we’re a pretty resilient team.
“Guys have been pretty much dealing with this all season. It’s not like it really hasn’t been a big focus (for us), there are frequently asked questions out there. I think guys have handled it well all year and we’re going to do keep doing it. That’s our job.”
That’s what he should say. But I don’t think he really grasps how crazy this is going to get until Orlando makes up their mind one way or another.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30