Feb 26, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
The 2012 Sprite Slam Dunk Contest was more than a little too contrived in the opinions of just about everyone watching. But that doesn’t mean that there weren’t a few dunks that are worth reliving, and Chase Budinger provided one of them for us in the event’s final round.
Twenty years ago, Cedric Ceballos won the dunk contest with this blindfolded number that was both exciting and innovative at the time. Sure, we all knew he could see through it, but it was an original idea that he pulled off on his first try.
Chase Budinger paid tribute to Ceballos, and his reverse jam on his second attempt while blindfolded was impressive. We wish he hadn’t excessively played up the gimmick by trying to make us believe he truly couldn’t see when he awkwardly tanked his first attempt, but on a night saturated with silliness, this throwdown was still one of the four or five best.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 39
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17