Feb 26, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
We can all admit it — Saturday night’s NBA Dunk Contest was sad. It was scripted and felt stiff. Jeremy Evans deserved the win for a legitimately impressive dunk, and a lot of people liked Paul George’s black-light dunk (more than I did). But overall, not good.
We know what it’s going to get to take LeBron to do the contest — $1 million. Not sure Westbrook and Rose would do it, but they would be interesting. So would Wade, but he said over the weekend that he is not going to do it.
You have to love the way KD didn’t nominate himself to do it, just others.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30