Feb 26, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
We can all admit it — Saturday night’s NBA Dunk Contest was sad. It was scripted and felt stiff. Jeremy Evans deserved the win for a legitimately impressive dunk, and a lot of people liked Paul George’s black-light dunk (more than I did). But overall, not good.
We know what it’s going to get to take LeBron to do the contest — $1 million. Not sure Westbrook and Rose would do it, but they would be interesting. So would Wade, but he said over the weekend that he is not going to do it.
You have to love the way KD didn’t nominate himself to do it, just others.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1