Feb 26, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
We can all admit it — Saturday night’s NBA Dunk Contest was sad. It was scripted and felt stiff. Jeremy Evans deserved the win for a legitimately impressive dunk, and a lot of people liked Paul George’s black-light dunk (more than I did). But overall, not good.
We know what it’s going to get to take LeBron to do the contest — $1 million. Not sure Westbrook and Rose would do it, but they would be interesting. So would Wade, but he said over the weekend that he is not going to do it.
You have to love the way KD didn’t nominate himself to do it, just others.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 15
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 26
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23