Feb 26, 2012, 7:15 PM EST
We can all admit it — Saturday night’s NBA Dunk Contest was sad. It was scripted and felt stiff. Jeremy Evans deserved the win for a legitimately impressive dunk, and a lot of people liked Paul George’s black-light dunk (more than I did). But overall, not good.
We know what it’s going to get to take LeBron to do the contest — $1 million. Not sure Westbrook and Rose would do it, but they would be interesting. So would Wade, but he said over the weekend that he is not going to do it.
You have to love the way KD didn’t nominate himself to do it, just others.
- DeMarcus Cousins wins. 0
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 16
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 5
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 23
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9