Feb 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you the night it happened that Stephen Curry‘s foot injury — which his agent swears is not related to his ongoing ankle issues, and when has an agent ever lied? — might keep him from defending his title in the All-Star Saturday night skills challenge.
It is. The league announced that Curry is out and Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics is in.
Make your own joke about the official timer for the event needing to duck if Rondo doesn’t like his time.
Rondo was also added to the All-Star Game on Sunday, replacing the Hawks Joe Johnson.
So, much like happened with the Three Point Contest, the other events on All-Star Saturday can draw the big names, but the Dunk Contest is left wanting.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 6
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21