Feb 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you the night it happened that Stephen Curry‘s foot injury — which his agent swears is not related to his ongoing ankle issues, and when has an agent ever lied? — might keep him from defending his title in the All-Star Saturday night skills challenge.
It is. The league announced that Curry is out and Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics is in.
Make your own joke about the official timer for the event needing to duck if Rondo doesn’t like his time.
Rondo was also added to the All-Star Game on Sunday, replacing the Hawks Joe Johnson.
So, much like happened with the Three Point Contest, the other events on All-Star Saturday can draw the big names, but the Dunk Contest is left wanting.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 21
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13