Feb 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EST
We told you the night it happened that Stephen Curry‘s foot injury — which his agent swears is not related to his ongoing ankle issues, and when has an agent ever lied? — might keep him from defending his title in the All-Star Saturday night skills challenge.
It is. The league announced that Curry is out and Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics is in.
Make your own joke about the official timer for the event needing to duck if Rondo doesn’t like his time.
Rondo was also added to the All-Star Game on Sunday, replacing the Hawks Joe Johnson.
So, much like happened with the Three Point Contest, the other events on All-Star Saturday can draw the big names, but the Dunk Contest is left wanting.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 10
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 22
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36