Feb 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you the night it happened that Stephen Curry‘s foot injury — which his agent swears is not related to his ongoing ankle issues, and when has an agent ever lied? — might keep him from defending his title in the All-Star Saturday night skills challenge.
It is. The league announced that Curry is out and Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics is in.
Make your own joke about the official timer for the event needing to duck if Rondo doesn’t like his time.
Rondo was also added to the All-Star Game on Sunday, replacing the Hawks Joe Johnson.
So, much like happened with the Three Point Contest, the other events on All-Star Saturday can draw the big names, but the Dunk Contest is left wanting.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 74
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32