Feb 24, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
We told you the night it happened that Stephen Curry‘s foot injury — which his agent swears is not related to his ongoing ankle issues, and when has an agent ever lied? — might keep him from defending his title in the All-Star Saturday night skills challenge.
It is. The league announced that Curry is out and Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics is in.
Make your own joke about the official timer for the event needing to duck if Rondo doesn’t like his time.
Rondo was also added to the All-Star Game on Sunday, replacing the Hawks Joe Johnson.
So, much like happened with the Three Point Contest, the other events on All-Star Saturday can draw the big names, but the Dunk Contest is left wanting.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 17
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36