Feb 24, 2012, 9:07 PM EST
You’ve heard the rags to riches tales of Jeremy Lin — from sleeping on a friend’s couch to leasing space at the W, from sitting at the end of the Knicks bench to starting as the team’s point guard. And now, from not having a shoe deal of any significance to having a personalized set made just for him.
Lin will debut a Knicks-themed colorway of the Nike Hyperfuse Low during the Rising Stars Challenge that kicks off the All-Star weekend festivities on Friday. From the official release:
“Jeremy Lin will wear a new Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low iD basketball shoe this weekend in Orlando beginning Friday evening. Customized for Lin, the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse includes mesh on the upper for lightweight breathability and a seamless fit. Lin’s shoe of choice and ideal for players with his versatility, it features Nike Zoom technology for a soft, yet responsive, cushioning system.
Available for customization on NIKEiD.com in the United States, the shoe can be customized with colors throughout and marks on the tongue top and collar. Consumers can replicate the exact customization options for this shoe created for Jeremy Lin, which can be found at NIKEiD.com.”
Check out more pictures in the gallery below and let us know what you think.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0