Feb 24, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
You’ve heard the rags to riches tales of Jeremy Lin — from sleeping on a friend’s couch to leasing space at the W, from sitting at the end of the Knicks bench to starting as the team’s point guard. And now, from not having a shoe deal of any significance to having a personalized set made just for him.
Lin will debut a Knicks-themed colorway of the Nike Hyperfuse Low during the Rising Stars Challenge that kicks off the All-Star weekend festivities on Friday. From the official release:
“Jeremy Lin will wear a new Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low iD basketball shoe this weekend in Orlando beginning Friday evening. Customized for Lin, the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse includes mesh on the upper for lightweight breathability and a seamless fit. Lin’s shoe of choice and ideal for players with his versatility, it features Nike Zoom technology for a soft, yet responsive, cushioning system.
Available for customization on NIKEiD.com in the United States, the shoe can be customized with colors throughout and marks on the tongue top and collar. Consumers can replicate the exact customization options for this shoe created for Jeremy Lin, which can be found at NIKEiD.com.”
Check out more pictures in the gallery below and let us know what you think.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24