Feb 24, 2012, 9:07 PM EDT
You’ve heard the rags to riches tales of Jeremy Lin — from sleeping on a friend’s couch to leasing space at the W, from sitting at the end of the Knicks bench to starting as the team’s point guard. And now, from not having a shoe deal of any significance to having a personalized set made just for him.
Lin will debut a Knicks-themed colorway of the Nike Hyperfuse Low during the Rising Stars Challenge that kicks off the All-Star weekend festivities on Friday. From the official release:
“Jeremy Lin will wear a new Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low iD basketball shoe this weekend in Orlando beginning Friday evening. Customized for Lin, the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse includes mesh on the upper for lightweight breathability and a seamless fit. Lin’s shoe of choice and ideal for players with his versatility, it features Nike Zoom technology for a soft, yet responsive, cushioning system.
Available for customization on NIKEiD.com in the United States, the shoe can be customized with colors throughout and marks on the tongue top and collar. Consumers can replicate the exact customization options for this shoe created for Jeremy Lin, which can be found at NIKEiD.com.”
Check out more pictures in the gallery below and let us know what you think.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15