Feb 24, 2012, 5:25 PM EST
Blake Griffin won last year’s dunk contest in an exciting and memorable way that most think will be difficult to top by any of the contestants participating in the event this year. Jumping over a car isn’t something we see every day, and last year, JaVale McGee said he had no shot to top it unless he jumped over an airplane next.
This year’s group of relative unknowns — Paul George, Jeremy Evans, Derrick Williams, and Chase Budinger — are going to have a tough time keeping the event interesting if they don’t bring some serious creativity to the Amway Center on Saturday night.
We caught up with Griffin Friday morning at the Rising Stars Challenge practice, where he had some advice for the contestants, commented on Jeremy Lin (that’s going to be a theme this weekend, unfortunately), and let us know what his favorite hoops movie is (again, All-Star weekend is a media free-for-all, so lots of “wacky” questions).
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12