Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
What you missed while on a red-eye flight to Orlando for the All-Star Game (wait, that was me)…..
Heat 102, Knicks 88: Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis combined to shoot 1-for-18 on the night, do that against the Heat and you know the result. Brett broke this out for us as a game of the night.
Thunder 100, Lakers 85: The Thunder have younger legs. And they are better. We broke this game out here.
Spurs 114, Nuggets 99: That would be an 8-1 rodeo road trip for the Spurs. But go ahead, keep saying they are too old.
Rested after a night off, DeJuan Blair was unstoppable… wait, what? He played last night? Really? Anyway, Blair looked rested and dropped a career high 28 points with 12 rebounds as the Spurs looked every bit a team that can threaten the Thunder in the West. San Antonio went on a 19-1 first quarter run and the game never got close after that. The Spurs ball movement, defense, contributions from everywhere. Denver looks like a banged up team that could use a few days off.
Tim Duncan now gets six days off because he is missing his first All-Star Game in as long as anyone remembers.
This was one-point game with 4:30 left, but the Hawks’ Willie Green hit key back-to-back buckets and the Hawks were able to get some separation and win. The Hawks were lucky, they let a 17-point lead get away and had to scrap for it at the end, but it’s still a W.
Now, let the All-Star weekend Dwight Howard speculation begin.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay