Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
What you missed while on a red-eye flight to Orlando for the All-Star Game (wait, that was me)…..
Heat 102, Knicks 88: Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis combined to shoot 1-for-18 on the night, do that against the Heat and you know the result. Brett broke this out for us as a game of the night.
Thunder 100, Lakers 85: The Thunder have younger legs. And they are better. We broke this game out here.
Spurs 114, Nuggets 99: That would be an 8-1 rodeo road trip for the Spurs. But go ahead, keep saying they are too old.
Rested after a night off, DeJuan Blair was unstoppable… wait, what? He played last night? Really? Anyway, Blair looked rested and dropped a career high 28 points with 12 rebounds as the Spurs looked every bit a team that can threaten the Thunder in the West. San Antonio went on a 19-1 first quarter run and the game never got close after that. The Spurs ball movement, defense, contributions from everywhere. Denver looks like a banged up team that could use a few days off.
Tim Duncan now gets six days off because he is missing his first All-Star Game in as long as anyone remembers.
This was one-point game with 4:30 left, but the Hawks’ Willie Green hit key back-to-back buckets and the Hawks were able to get some separation and win. The Hawks were lucky, they let a 17-point lead get away and had to scrap for it at the end, but it’s still a W.
Now, let the All-Star weekend Dwight Howard speculation begin.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 21
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12