Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
What you missed while on a red-eye flight to Orlando for the All-Star Game (wait, that was me)…..
Heat 102, Knicks 88: Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis combined to shoot 1-for-18 on the night, do that against the Heat and you know the result. Brett broke this out for us as a game of the night.
Thunder 100, Lakers 85: The Thunder have younger legs. And they are better. We broke this game out here.
Spurs 114, Nuggets 99: That would be an 8-1 rodeo road trip for the Spurs. But go ahead, keep saying they are too old.
Rested after a night off, DeJuan Blair was unstoppable… wait, what? He played last night? Really? Anyway, Blair looked rested and dropped a career high 28 points with 12 rebounds as the Spurs looked every bit a team that can threaten the Thunder in the West. San Antonio went on a 19-1 first quarter run and the game never got close after that. The Spurs ball movement, defense, contributions from everywhere. Denver looks like a banged up team that could use a few days off.
Tim Duncan now gets six days off because he is missing his first All-Star Game in as long as anyone remembers.
This was one-point game with 4:30 left, but the Hawks’ Willie Green hit key back-to-back buckets and the Hawks were able to get some separation and win. The Hawks were lucky, they let a 17-point lead get away and had to scrap for it at the end, but it’s still a W.
Now, let the All-Star weekend Dwight Howard speculation begin.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15