Feb 24, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
What you missed while on a red-eye flight to Orlando for the All-Star Game (wait, that was me)…..
Heat 102, Knicks 88: Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis combined to shoot 1-for-18 on the night, do that against the Heat and you know the result. Brett broke this out for us as a game of the night.
Thunder 100, Lakers 85: The Thunder have younger legs. And they are better. We broke this game out here.
Spurs 114, Nuggets 99: That would be an 8-1 rodeo road trip for the Spurs. But go ahead, keep saying they are too old.
Rested after a night off, DeJuan Blair was unstoppable… wait, what? He played last night? Really? Anyway, Blair looked rested and dropped a career high 28 points with 12 rebounds as the Spurs looked every bit a team that can threaten the Thunder in the West. San Antonio went on a 19-1 first quarter run and the game never got close after that. The Spurs ball movement, defense, contributions from everywhere. Denver looks like a banged up team that could use a few days off.
Tim Duncan now gets six days off because he is missing his first All-Star Game in as long as anyone remembers.
This was one-point game with 4:30 left, but the Hawks’ Willie Green hit key back-to-back buckets and the Hawks were able to get some separation and win. The Hawks were lucky, they let a 17-point lead get away and had to scrap for it at the end, but it’s still a W.
Now, let the All-Star weekend Dwight Howard speculation begin.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8