Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
There’s a Jeremy Lin book. Of course there is a Jeremy Lin book.
Two straight Sports Illustrated covers for Jeremy Lin, which puts him in some pretty elite company.
By the way, Lin is not living out in White Plains (where he has a place at the Trump Tower), he is staying in a swanky place in the city.
Kobe Bryant says that his flirtations with an Italian club this summer were serious and he still would consider playing there at the end of his NBA career. File this in the “what else did you expect him to say” file.
Keith Closs tells some powerful stories about his alcoholism while playing in the NBA. There was not Gatorade in his Gatorade bottles.
Kevin Martin went out of his way to strongly deny a report that he is unhappy in Houston and demanded a trade.
The Bulls still need some depth along the front line. How about Leon Powe?
The Sacramento City Council vote that clears the way for a new arena has been pushed back to March 6. While that is technically after the March 1 deadline the league gave the city, they will get an extension.
Nike has adapted it’s popular running technology and put together some cool features for basketball players (Basketball +). Want to know what your vertical leap is?
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 9
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 21
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45