Rose denies asking for Gasol trade. And his back is fine, too.

Feb 23, 2012, 2:06 PM EDT

Sacramento Kings v Chicago Bulls Getty Images

We fans can’t stop our desire to tinker. Some general managers have that problem, too, but fans are worse. Take Bulls fans for example — they have a contending team, one of the two teams in the East that are head and shoulders above everyone else. This is a team with a real shot at winning it all this year as constructed.

So all we seem to hear about is trade rumors.

Like the report Derrick Rose asked Bulls management to get Pau Gasol, and Carlos Boozer was the bait. (As if the Lakers would do that.)

Derrick Rose denied it all to CSNChicago.com.

“I heard it after the game [on Monday] and that’s something that I wouldn’t say to anyone,” said Rose. “It was all false and that’s something I’ll never do. I’m good with the teammates that I have. I’ve always been saying that. We’ve been winning games and we’re not in the position to look to trade anyone right now.

“I talked to [Boozer] a little bit, but I think he already knew that [the rumor] was false,” continued Rose. “It’s something that I wouldn’t do to anyone. It was all false.”

Now, something that could actually stand between the Bulls and a title run — Derrick Rose’s back. He missed five games with back spasms and he is continuing to do the rehab program he used to get back on the court.

“I’m not worried about it anymore,” said Rose. “I don’t feel any pain anymore.”

That should be better news for Bulls fans than any trade rumors.

1. dadawg77 - Feb 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Wasn’t the report that Rose blessed a trade not asked? Semantics maybe, but if Bull management asked him if he would be upset with that, is different then him urging for a trade.

2. therealhtj - Feb 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Maybe Rose should’ve asked the kid who took his SAT for him why on earth the Lakers would ever consider such a trade.

• chitownmatt - Feb 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Who Cares????
      Maybe he was at the gym practicing that day so you and I could one day enjoy watching him split two, 360, split another two and finish with a windmill layup from his weak side….An’1!!!

Besides, there ain’t no questions on the SAT about how to play in the NBA.

• LilTmac2003 - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM

This is how I see the entire ‘SAT’ issue.

Sure, it’s socially wrong to do it. It’s not acceptable, but at this point, it’s not a concern.

There is no need to bring it up if it has nothing to do with the game. It’s not like Rose wanted to get a Masters in Neuroscience and Bio-Medical Engineering, than go into Med School to become a doctor while becoming a part-time scientist with a minor in Political Calculus. No, the guy wants to play some ball.

If the issue was someone else practiced for Rose disguised as Rose during a Bulls practice, than fine. That’s an issue (and pretty funny).

But the guy is getting paid millions do to do one thing: play basketball for the Chicago Bulls.

• therealhtj - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

My comment had nothing to do with Rose’s game, which is no doubt on another level. It was more about the absurdity of trading Gasol for Boozer. You’d pretty much have to be someone who couldn’t muster up a 700 on your SAT to think the Lakers would consider any trade resembling that.

Don’t worry Bulls fans, no one’s questioning your new savior’s basketball ability. He’s still no Jordan.

• philtration - Feb 23, 2012 at 8:36 PM

No one here is asking or expecting him to be Michael Jordan.
        We are more than happy to have him be Derrick Rose.

3. chitownmatt - Feb 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Anyone who has ever watched an interview with Derrick Rose knows immediately that that is not something he would ever say.

Maybe I would believe it if they were 10 games under .500, but when a team is over the .700 mark…. you don’t start adding seasoning to the soup!!!

4. chicitybulls - Feb 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM

That is just the author, who picks no bones that he’s a heat fanboy, trying to create and add to a non-story. FANS know that Rose wouldn’t ask for a trade. It’s not in his personality. I’ve hear no Bulls fan say or get concerned that Rose asked management to make a trade. I’ve only heard that from the “media”. He just has to try to create something because he refuses to write about how the Bulls continue to blow teams out but he makes sure he mentions that the heat does it every chance he gets and any story he can about his dreamboat lebron. You can almost imagine his pupils turing into cartoon hearts whenever he sees a picture or highlight of lebron. Doesn’t matter. The Bulls will continue to go about their business….under the radar and let the media continue to jump on that bandwagon down south.

• southbeachtalent - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

wrong, there on the Lin-wagon. We too are under the radar…

See you in the play offs.

• philtration - Feb 23, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Following a new fad already southbeach?

• philtration - Feb 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Just kidding… I can’t wait for the Bulls and Heat to play in the post season.

5. cincyorangenblack - Feb 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM

still though. please trade boozer

The list of championship contenders
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
  1. B. Beal (8374)
  2. K. McDaniels (7552)
  3. K. Durant (7546)
  4. R. Rondo (6948)
  5. K. Leonard (6862)
  1. B. Lopez (6689)
  2. M. Carter-Williams (6687)
  3. V. Oladipo (6437)