Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
Javaris Crittenton is already out of the NBA and is out on bail right now as he awaits his murder trial in the 2011 shooting death of a young mother in the Atlanta area.
So you would think if one were pulled over by the police on a traffic violation right now you wouldn’t want to cause waves.
If so, you don’t think like Crittenton. Here is the report from TMZ.com.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Javaris was pulled over for going over 60 in a 45 — and when the cop wrote up the ticket … Javaris refused to sign it, something you have to do to acknowledge receipt of the citation.
As a result, we’re told the officer asked Javaris to step out of the vehicle — and Javaris refused again.
We’re told words were exchanged — and after the officer reasoned with Javaris, the former NBA player agreed to step out of the car … at which point he was placed under arrest for speeding and obstruction of an officer.
Crittenton, if you recall, was the other guy suspended in the Gilbert Arenas guns in the locker room incident.
Really, it’s all just sad.
- Report: Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice 0
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 1
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 3
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 9
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 55
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3