Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
Javaris Crittenton is already out of the NBA and is out on bail right now as he awaits his murder trial in the 2011 shooting death of a young mother in the Atlanta area.
So you would think if one were pulled over by the police on a traffic violation right now you wouldn’t want to cause waves.
If so, you don’t think like Crittenton. Here is the report from TMZ.com.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Javaris was pulled over for going over 60 in a 45 — and when the cop wrote up the ticket … Javaris refused to sign it, something you have to do to acknowledge receipt of the citation.
As a result, we’re told the officer asked Javaris to step out of the vehicle — and Javaris refused again.
We’re told words were exchanged — and after the officer reasoned with Javaris, the former NBA player agreed to step out of the car … at which point he was placed under arrest for speeding and obstruction of an officer.
Crittenton, if you recall, was the other guy suspended in the Gilbert Arenas guns in the locker room incident.
Really, it’s all just sad.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)