Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
Javaris Crittenton is already out of the NBA and is out on bail right now as he awaits his murder trial in the 2011 shooting death of a young mother in the Atlanta area.
So you would think if one were pulled over by the police on a traffic violation right now you wouldn’t want to cause waves.
If so, you don’t think like Crittenton. Here is the report from TMZ.com.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Javaris was pulled over for going over 60 in a 45 — and when the cop wrote up the ticket … Javaris refused to sign it, something you have to do to acknowledge receipt of the citation.
As a result, we’re told the officer asked Javaris to step out of the vehicle — and Javaris refused again.
We’re told words were exchanged — and after the officer reasoned with Javaris, the former NBA player agreed to step out of the car … at which point he was placed under arrest for speeding and obstruction of an officer.
Crittenton, if you recall, was the other guy suspended in the Gilbert Arenas guns in the locker room incident.
Really, it’s all just sad.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8