Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
Javaris Crittenton is already out of the NBA and is out on bail right now as he awaits his murder trial in the 2011 shooting death of a young mother in the Atlanta area.
So you would think if one were pulled over by the police on a traffic violation right now you wouldn’t want to cause waves.
If so, you don’t think like Crittenton. Here is the report from TMZ.com.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Javaris was pulled over for going over 60 in a 45 — and when the cop wrote up the ticket … Javaris refused to sign it, something you have to do to acknowledge receipt of the citation.
As a result, we’re told the officer asked Javaris to step out of the vehicle — and Javaris refused again.
We’re told words were exchanged — and after the officer reasoned with Javaris, the former NBA player agreed to step out of the car … at which point he was placed under arrest for speeding and obstruction of an officer.
Crittenton, if you recall, was the other guy suspended in the Gilbert Arenas guns in the locker room incident.
Really, it’s all just sad.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 1
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 11
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights