Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
Javaris Crittenton is already out of the NBA and is out on bail right now as he awaits his murder trial in the 2011 shooting death of a young mother in the Atlanta area.
So you would think if one were pulled over by the police on a traffic violation right now you wouldn’t want to cause waves.
If so, you don’t think like Crittenton. Here is the report from TMZ.com.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Javaris was pulled over for going over 60 in a 45 — and when the cop wrote up the ticket … Javaris refused to sign it, something you have to do to acknowledge receipt of the citation.
As a result, we’re told the officer asked Javaris to step out of the vehicle — and Javaris refused again.
We’re told words were exchanged — and after the officer reasoned with Javaris, the former NBA player agreed to step out of the car … at which point he was placed under arrest for speeding and obstruction of an officer.
Crittenton, if you recall, was the other guy suspended in the Gilbert Arenas guns in the locker room incident.
Really, it’s all just sad.
- LeBron James in his own words on why he chose Cleveland 40
- LeBron James going home, to sign with Cleveland Cavaliers 189
- Report: After cross-country plane flight with him, Dwyane Wade doesn’t know what LeBron James will do 27
- Report: LeBron James still upset by Dan Gilbert’s infamous letter 93
- While waiting on Plan A to make up his mind, Lakers mulling Plan B options 23
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 59
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 54
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 36