Feb 22, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla apparently has chosen to go back where he feels comfortable — Portland.
Przybilla’s decision has been made, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla has chosen to sign with Blazers, source tells Yahoo! Sports.
The Bulls and Heat — two contenders in need of depth along the front line — courted him and had originally been considered the frontrunners. But the 11-year NBA veteran decided to go with the place he played from 2004 to the first half of last season. He will provide some depth behind a front line led by LaMarcus Aldridge.
He chose playing where he wanted to over chasing a ring (the Blazers are a good team but not a contender).
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 24
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 29
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay