Feb 22, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
Joel Przybilla apparently has chosen to go back where he feels comfortable — Portland.
Przybilla’s decision has been made, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla has chosen to sign with Blazers, source tells Yahoo! Sports.
The Bulls and Heat — two contenders in need of depth along the front line — courted him and had originally been considered the frontrunners. But the 11-year NBA veteran decided to go with the place he played from 2004 to the first half of last season. He will provide some depth behind a front line led by LaMarcus Aldridge.
He chose playing where he wanted to over chasing a ring (the Blazers are a good team but not a contender).
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12