Feb 22, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla apparently has chosen to go back where he feels comfortable — Portland.
Przybilla’s decision has been made, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla has chosen to sign with Blazers, source tells Yahoo! Sports.
The Bulls and Heat — two contenders in need of depth along the front line — courted him and had originally been considered the frontrunners. But the 11-year NBA veteran decided to go with the place he played from 2004 to the first half of last season. He will provide some depth behind a front line led by LaMarcus Aldridge.
He chose playing where he wanted to over chasing a ring (the Blazers are a good team but not a contender).
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43