Feb 22, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
Joel Przybilla apparently has chosen to go back where he feels comfortable — Portland.
Przybilla’s decision has been made, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla has chosen to sign with Blazers, source tells Yahoo! Sports.
The Bulls and Heat — two contenders in need of depth along the front line — courted him and had originally been considered the frontrunners. But the 11-year NBA veteran decided to go with the place he played from 2004 to the first half of last season. He will provide some depth behind a front line led by LaMarcus Aldridge.
He chose playing where he wanted to over chasing a ring (the Blazers are a good team but not a contender).
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6