Feb 22, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
Joel Przybilla apparently has chosen to go back where he feels comfortable — Portland.
Przybilla’s decision has been made, tweets Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla has chosen to sign with Blazers, source tells Yahoo! Sports.
The Bulls and Heat — two contenders in need of depth along the front line — courted him and had originally been considered the frontrunners. But the 11-year NBA veteran decided to go with the place he played from 2004 to the first half of last season. He will provide some depth behind a front line led by LaMarcus Aldridge.
He chose playing where he wanted to over chasing a ring (the Blazers are a good team but not a contender).
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)