Feb 22, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Nets have been without Shawne Williams for more than a week with a foot injury, one that was more serious than previously known.
Williams is done for the season after surgery Wednesday to put remove a bone fragment and put in three screws, the team announced Wednesday. He should be able to return next season.
Williams was playing off the bench for the Nets but was not a huge contributor in that time, shooting just 28.6 percent on the season and his rebounding was off as well.
You can also bet he picks up his $3.1 million player option for next season. He’s going to Brooklyn.
The Nets have been riddled with foot injuries this season — Brook Lopez just returned from a broken foot that kept him out the first half of the season, and Keith Bogans is also lost for the season after a severe ankle injury. Damion Jones also has missed time with a foot injury.
The Nets are 10-26 on the season.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars