Feb 22, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Nets have been without Shawne Williams for more than a week with a foot injury, one that was more serious than previously known.
Williams is done for the season after surgery Wednesday to put remove a bone fragment and put in three screws, the team announced Wednesday. He should be able to return next season.
Williams was playing off the bench for the Nets but was not a huge contributor in that time, shooting just 28.6 percent on the season and his rebounding was off as well.
You can also bet he picks up his $3.1 million player option for next season. He’s going to Brooklyn.
The Nets have been riddled with foot injuries this season — Brook Lopez just returned from a broken foot that kept him out the first half of the season, and Keith Bogans is also lost for the season after a severe ankle injury. Damion Jones also has missed time with a foot injury.
The Nets are 10-26 on the season.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 15
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9