Feb 22, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
The Nets have been without Shawne Williams for more than a week with a foot injury, one that was more serious than previously known.
Williams is done for the season after surgery Wednesday to put remove a bone fragment and put in three screws, the team announced Wednesday. He should be able to return next season.
Williams was playing off the bench for the Nets but was not a huge contributor in that time, shooting just 28.6 percent on the season and his rebounding was off as well.
You can also bet he picks up his $3.1 million player option for next season. He’s going to Brooklyn.
The Nets have been riddled with foot injuries this season — Brook Lopez just returned from a broken foot that kept him out the first half of the season, and Keith Bogans is also lost for the season after a severe ankle injury. Damion Jones also has missed time with a foot injury.
The Nets are 10-26 on the season.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28