Feb 22, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has stood up pretty tall to every test he’s faced the past few weeks — the Knicks haven’t won every game, but he’s not wilted in the spotlight.
However, the Miami Heat’s defensive energy and athleticism on the perimeter is a whole different ballgame. And Lin is going to get all of it on Thursday when the Heat host the Knicks. Here is what LeBron James said, via the twitter of ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh:
“I know I’m going to end up guarding Lin at some point.”
So is Dwyane Wade. The Heat are very aggressive on the perimeter, pressuring the ball, jumping passing lanes, trying to create turnovers so they can get out and run (where Wade and LeBron are unstoppable). That energy is why the Heat have won seven in a row by at least 12 points.
James joked around about not watching a lot of Harvard basketball, but was complimentary to the Knicks young superstar. Here are some comments, via the twitter of Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I never watch Harvard basketball. I never watch Harvard.’’
LeBron said he doesn’t subscribe to the Ivy League Network. But said did watch Jeremy Lin the summer league game in 2010 against John Wall… LeBron says celebrate Lin more as a just good player and not dwell on Asian-American aspect: “I think it’s taken away from it, obviously.”
LeBron on Lin 2 straight SI covers: “Make sure he doesn’t take that for granted & get those covers and frame them and put them in his house”
The Knicks have the offensive tools to make the Heat pay for their aggressive play, but with Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, J.R. Smith and Lin still trying to get used to each other they may not have the execution to exploit it yet.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37