Feb 22, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has stood up pretty tall to every test he’s faced the past few weeks — the Knicks haven’t won every game, but he’s not wilted in the spotlight.
However, the Miami Heat’s defensive energy and athleticism on the perimeter is a whole different ballgame. And Lin is going to get all of it on Thursday when the Heat host the Knicks. Here is what LeBron James said, via the twitter of ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh:
“I know I’m going to end up guarding Lin at some point.”
So is Dwyane Wade. The Heat are very aggressive on the perimeter, pressuring the ball, jumping passing lanes, trying to create turnovers so they can get out and run (where Wade and LeBron are unstoppable). That energy is why the Heat have won seven in a row by at least 12 points.
James joked around about not watching a lot of Harvard basketball, but was complimentary to the Knicks young superstar. Here are some comments, via the twitter of Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I never watch Harvard basketball. I never watch Harvard.’’
LeBron said he doesn’t subscribe to the Ivy League Network. But said did watch Jeremy Lin the summer league game in 2010 against John Wall… LeBron says celebrate Lin more as a just good player and not dwell on Asian-American aspect: “I think it’s taken away from it, obviously.”
LeBron on Lin 2 straight SI covers: “Make sure he doesn’t take that for granted & get those covers and frame them and put them in his house”
The Knicks have the offensive tools to make the Heat pay for their aggressive play, but with Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, J.R. Smith and Lin still trying to get used to each other they may not have the execution to exploit it yet.
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 19
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9