Feb 22, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has stood up pretty tall to every test he’s faced the past few weeks — the Knicks haven’t won every game, but he’s not wilted in the spotlight.
However, the Miami Heat’s defensive energy and athleticism on the perimeter is a whole different ballgame. And Lin is going to get all of it on Thursday when the Heat host the Knicks. Here is what LeBron James said, via the twitter of ESPN’s Tom Haberstroh:
“I know I’m going to end up guarding Lin at some point.”
So is Dwyane Wade. The Heat are very aggressive on the perimeter, pressuring the ball, jumping passing lanes, trying to create turnovers so they can get out and run (where Wade and LeBron are unstoppable). That energy is why the Heat have won seven in a row by at least 12 points.
James joked around about not watching a lot of Harvard basketball, but was complimentary to the Knicks young superstar. Here are some comments, via the twitter of Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
“I never watch Harvard basketball. I never watch Harvard.’’
LeBron said he doesn’t subscribe to the Ivy League Network. But said did watch Jeremy Lin the summer league game in 2010 against John Wall… LeBron says celebrate Lin more as a just good player and not dwell on Asian-American aspect: “I think it’s taken away from it, obviously.”
LeBron on Lin 2 straight SI covers: “Make sure he doesn’t take that for granted & get those covers and frame them and put them in his house”
The Knicks have the offensive tools to make the Heat pay for their aggressive play, but with Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire, J.R. Smith and Lin still trying to get used to each other they may not have the execution to exploit it yet.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay