Feb 22, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
And the All-Star Three-Point Contest continues to have way more star power than the Dunk Contest….
Kevin Durant has been chosen to replace the Hawks Joe Johnson in the Foot Locker Three-Point Contest on All-Star Saturday night in Orlando, the league has announced. Johnson has tendonitis in his left knee and is resting it through the weekend (the Hawks will re-evaluate him next week, he has missed the last couple Atlanta games).
Durant is shooting a good 36.7 percent from three this year — a number you have to respect in game but is not what you usually see from winners of this event (40 percent plus). However, he can knock them down, and people will tune in to watch him because he’s a name.
Which is more than you can say for the dunk contest.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6