Feb 22, 2012, 8:04 PM EDT
And the All-Star Three-Point Contest continues to have way more star power than the Dunk Contest….
Kevin Durant has been chosen to replace the Hawks Joe Johnson in the Foot Locker Three-Point Contest on All-Star Saturday night in Orlando, the league has announced. Johnson has tendonitis in his left knee and is resting it through the weekend (the Hawks will re-evaluate him next week, he has missed the last couple Atlanta games).
Durant is shooting a good 36.7 percent from three this year — a number you have to respect in game but is not what you usually see from winners of this event (40 percent plus). However, he can knock them down, and people will tune in to watch him because he’s a name.
Which is more than you can say for the dunk contest.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 0
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 11
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8