Feb 22, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
Clearly this is a staged video, with the Rockets’ Chandler Parsons “talking to the media” while Chase Budinger just happens to do a dunk over a cardboard cutout of Yao Ming in the background. Coincidentally.
Still, pretty cool. And this is why I hold out some hope for this year’s All-Star Dunk Contest — Budinger is very athletic and can throw it down. Just-added Jeremy Evans is a human pogo stick. Paul George is the favorite and threw down a big dunk in-game last night. There may not be star power but there is potential with this group. We’ll see what comes of it Saturday night.
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49