Feb 22, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
Clearly this is a staged video, with the Rockets’ Chandler Parsons “talking to the media” while Chase Budinger just happens to do a dunk over a cardboard cutout of Yao Ming in the background. Coincidentally.
Still, pretty cool. And this is why I hold out some hope for this year’s All-Star Dunk Contest — Budinger is very athletic and can throw it down. Just-added Jeremy Evans is a human pogo stick. Paul George is the favorite and threw down a big dunk in-game last night. There may not be star power but there is potential with this group. We’ll see what comes of it Saturday night.
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)