Feb 22, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
Clearly this is a staged video, with the Rockets’ Chandler Parsons “talking to the media” while Chase Budinger just happens to do a dunk over a cardboard cutout of Yao Ming in the background. Coincidentally.
Still, pretty cool. And this is why I hold out some hope for this year’s All-Star Dunk Contest — Budinger is very athletic and can throw it down. Just-added Jeremy Evans is a human pogo stick. Paul George is the favorite and threw down a big dunk in-game last night. There may not be star power but there is potential with this group. We’ll see what comes of it Saturday night.
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for the video.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13